Shopping For New Tires - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
Narrowrd

Default Shopping For New Tires

Here's what I've found so far. I got a quote in PHX from Firebird Tire on 2 Steer tires and 4 drive tires, and he fired back that he wouldn't recommend that for safety and ride quality reasons, that all six tires should be the same. I am in the process of responding, will include a note that I will be moving my current steer tires to the tag axle. That should fire him up. I can't imagine an industry dominated by task specific tires (tag, steer and drive) being that wrong? He quoted RV specific tires, so maybe all he had was All Position tires and needed to sell it. Dunno.

Tax at $250 makes me want to buy the tires any state that has a tax cap. Mounting and balancing is a cool $500.

6- 11r24.5 Toyo Load Range H M154 $483.00 x 6 =$2,898.00
tax on Toyo tires $240.53
total on Toyo tires including valve and labor package $3,602.59

6- 11r24.5 Dunlop Sp160 load range H new tires $443.00 x 6 = $2,658.00
tax on Dunlop tires $220.61
Total out the door on the Dunlop tires including labor and valve package $3,342.67

The WXYZ program for Michelin tires is something I've looked into, but there are a lot of people that downright despise Michelins. I've always appreciated the fact that there is more than one way to skin a cat. I'm still looking, anyone want to chime in with advice or thoughts feel free!