No Jake Break - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #1
Hardtrigger

Default No Jake Break

As returning from the purchase of our Newell this week I notice my Jake brake would not engage when switched on with my foot off the throttle. It would kick off my cruise control when switched on but no reply from the engine.Would anyone here venture to guess where I need to start to rectify the problem please? Thank you, Robert

Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Richard and Rhonda

Robert,

It will help if you will add your coach details to your signature. That way, others with similar models will be able to chime in.

Generically speaking, there are a number of basics to check. Fuse for jake, the switch on the accelerator pedal, and the jake on off switch continuity are all things to confirm BEFORE tearing into the engine.

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Hardtrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard and Rhonda View Post
Robert,

It will help if you will add your coach details to your signature. That way, others with similar models will be able to chime in.

Generically speaking, there are a number of basics to check. Fuse for jake, the switch on the accelerator pedal, and the jake on off switch continuity are all things to confirm BEFORE tearing into the engine.
Okay will do and check all the above! Thank you for the response!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Hardtrigger

Default My jake seem to work barely!

Okay I was going through a tunnel and the Jake actually does work but very lightly and that is how I found it to be working was with the echo in the tunnel. Seems it is on low stage and will not convert to high stage when switched and you barely see the tach slow up compared to the Jakes on my class eights trucks
Old 08-31-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
lbrachfe

If you want your Jake to be stronger you can go to an Allison dealer and have a reprogram done. Mine came with high set to 6/4 and low to 6/5 which isn't much at first but you get accustomed to it over time especially when you run your tran in econ mode with it off on the hwy and then switched on for exit,traffic or local roads.
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote