Interior colors - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Nasser

Default Interior colors

I have a 1988 Newell with "pink gray" wood laminate. I need to change the carpet and do not know what color would go with the interior look. I do not want a white color because marks and spots would show easy, and would not like the very dark carpet because also would show the tiny micro pieces of food chunks and white sands.
I have seen my friend who has a Prevost put gray brown carpet and its great! but it would not do good for me because it would not show contrast in the overall interior look of the coach.

Any commets would be helpful
Thank you in advance

Nasser
Newell 1988

Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
chockwald

You might want to consider replacing carpet with wood, or tile flooring. Easier to clean.....carpet never really gets clean as sand, dirt, food gets deep into carpet. We removed carpeting and had wood floors installed. We love it, and it is easy to sweep out, dry mop, whatever.....takes just a few minutes. We have a few throw rugs that can be taken outside and shaken to get all dirt, etc. out of them. I attach a before and after picture of our interior coach...we have an '82.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	030208_06551.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	2133  

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
rheavn

Clarke & Elaine,
Not sure if wood floors would work for Nassar, but it sure is beautiful in your coach!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #4
Nasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockwald View Post
You might want to consider replacing carpet with wood, or tile flooring. Easier to clean.....carpet never really gets clean as sand, dirt, food gets deep into carpet. We removed carpeting and had wood floors installed. We love it, and it is easy to sweep out, dry mop, whatever.....takes just a few minutes. We have a few throw rugs that can be taken outside and shaken to get all dirt, etc. out of them. I attach a before and after picture of our interior coach...we have an '82.
This wood looks luxury, but the problem with me I am so sensitive about wooshy sound! another thing about carpet is that I like to play with my kids Russell on the carpet ! and laying down with them watching TV or playing board games... so carpet have a very warm feelings. Clarke! your coach is a piece of art!!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
jwe648

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hallway.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	2136Click image for larger version

Name:	Curb side.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	2138Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2139

The nice thing about the Newell is that you can get as creative as you wish.. Mix it up.. the wood works well for the galley as one tends to go in-out thru that area EZ to keep clean..
Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Nasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwe648 View Post
Attachment 2136Attachment 2138Attachment 2139

The nice thing about the Newell is that you can get as creative as you wish.. Mix it up.. the wood works well for the galley as one tends to go in-out thru that area EZ to keep clean..
Hmmm! very nice! This is a good idea for me to take out that old looking ceramic tile. Thank you Jimmy
Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
LynnJeff

I don't know how 'picky' you are, but this color is a "warm pink tone taupe" and any good designer will tell you that taupe and sand are two very different base colors and the colors that match them are very different (even though some people and companies mix the names). I know because we have the same thing in our 1990 bus (no matter how many upgrades you do, most folks still have their walls). You probably also have the Corian countertops in the bedroom and kitchen? With probably the Corian "sandstone" color which is described as a 'warm taupe'? http://www.troutlakearts.com/colorhtms/sandstone.htm And probably a stripe in the Corian?

You think something matches but once inside it looks 'funny' and of course, different light can make those walls look even 'pinker'.

Taupe loves: pure white paint, dark-stained wood, purple undertoned natural linens, grey or blue limestone, silver and chrome, companionship with grey or brown, dramatic accents of green, purple or red, and clear glass.
Taupe hates: anything with yellow (like gold hardware), golden woods (oak), yellow-hued linens, tan leathers, beige stone, accessories with yellow, dark cream or ivory with yellow tones. see http://www.cocotte-design.com/en/new...t-Feeling.html

I'm still trying to figure out the color deal....especially if you have a couch that has more of a beige tone...... Good luck!

FYI, don't forget about how humidity affects hardwood floors so where you travel may make a difference?

Lynn and Jeff
1990 42.6" Newell #234, Newell Factory Upgrade 2008, Homegrown Upgrade 2012
30' ATC Stacker Trailer
LynnJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
my38special

Nasser,
It sounds to me that you should be looking at cork flooring, as the solution. It comes in numerous finishes, styles and endless colours. It is sold with a strip backing board, like laminate, or can be bought without. Personally, I like the stuff without backing; it is glued directly to the plywood subfloor. It is warmer and easier to sit on than wood. It is durable and also adds sound dampening to the floor of your bus. If you haven't looked at this product before, you will likely have the wrong image in mind (I know I did). Do some google-ing and check out a flooring store. I think you'll be impressed and I'm sure you'll be able to find a colour match (ask for samples).
my38special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Nasser

LynnJeff, this adds more what I was expecting from color match... thank you
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
Nasser

Your right! I have seen one of those made in Germmany, they are scratch and water proof. I think they use a BVC shill what make it that strong. Thank you!