Reason for Newell's having different speed transmissions???? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
Thomas Lago

Default Reason for Newell's having different speed transmissions????

I'm scratching my head on the transmission types the Newell factory has used. I have seen Newell's with 4, 5, and 6 speed automatics and most seeming to be manufactured by Allison World Transmission I believe. It doesn't seem like it is related to a mpg issue like they push in the auto industry. While looking around at many Newell coaches out there I have found similar years with all three choices. ????

Thomas Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Rudra

The way it was explained to me was dependent on the desired speed and performance wanted by a customer. In this case the factory would match the appropriate transmission type with the engine's best performing rpm then match it to the needed drive differential ratio to accomplish the task.
Brake Buddy
Rudra is offline   Reply With Quote