Tech Talk Archives 2 - Page 5 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Forum Archives - closed > Archive Three
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #81
Neweller

A
546 3/16/2002 7:42:22 PM 3/17/2002 ron thomas thomara1@aol.com 1969Newell coach I have a 1969 Newell and have an electrical problem. I have power to the breaker box but none to the fuse box. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #82
Neweller

A
548 3/19/2002 12:28:38 PM 3/19/2002 Dennis Wolfe dennis.wolfe@mindspring.com Front End Protection We have just purchased a 1987 38' coach with a recent paint job. I interested in what other owners do for protecting the front end from rock chips and bugs. I've searched the web, but haven't found anything. Does Newell make a bug screen?

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #83
Neweller

Q
549 3/19/2002 9:38:46 PM 3/21/2002 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com Wastewater tank leaking? We are currently living in our coach away from home. This weekend we left our coach for a three day trip back home. We arrived back at our coach today Tuesday, and we noticed a "smell" on the outide of the coach. The inside was normal. I looked around the coach and noticed water dripping from the tankage compartment hole plug. I openned the bay door and discovered the "smell" was "black" water in the tankage compartment? I looked through both sides but could not see the source of the leak? Does anyone have any ideas on where to begin to look? And how to locate where the leak may be? The reason I say "black" water is because presently I have the main dump valve closed, and the pneumatic valve open. I believe this enables all "grey" water to exit directly to the sewer line, and keeps only the "black" water in the tank. I have already emptied the tank just in case I was getting a false reading on my display. How do I find the leak if indeed it is a leak?

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #84
Neweller

Q
550 3/20/2002 3:34:50 AM 3/21/2002 Bob Stone bstone@hbssystems.com Front End Protection Dennis, I have 3M Protective Clear Film on the front of my Newell and I also had this on my last Motor Home. This protects very well against rock chips and bugs. Most new upper-end Coaches are coming with the Film already installed. About $1200 to have installed.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #85
Neweller

A
551 3/21/2002 6:56:52 AM 3/21/2002 bill burch bmburch@swbell.net Front End Protection I recently had Coach Guard of Elkhart,In. put the vinyl film on the front of my coach. I'm very pleased with the product. It is very similar, in fact I don't think you can tell the difference in this and what is being put on the new coaches at the factory. Their number is 877-262-4100.
I believe the cost was about $1,000 with them coming to my place to do the installation. They had more jobs in the area at the time so cost may be more, but they are equipped to do the job at your location.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #86
Neweller

A
552 3/21/2002 11:47:36 AM 3/21/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com 18 position 30 amp fuse blocks We suggest replacing the old style fuse blocks with new style ATO fuse holders. ATO fuses are the type typically used in new automobiles. The new holders and fuses are more reliable and more compact then the old style "bus" fuses. The holders are available from Newell parts, 1-888-3NEWELL, at $22.70 for the five fuse block. The fuses, available in a variety of capacities, are extra.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #87
Neweller

A
553 3/21/2002 10:27:29 PM 3/23/2002 John Clark jvclark02@cs.com Wastewater tank leaking? What year is your coach (pre-1980)? Does it have a steel holding tank or is it plastic? If it is made of steel, read the response on 3/7/2001. How full was your tank when you found the leak (turn off the water pump and look down the toilet with a flashlight)? Do you have the electric powered waste treatment system? Was there moisture on top of the tank? Was the coach level? If so, which side was the black water dripping out of?

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #88
Neweller

A
554 3/27/2002 2:51:03 AM 3/27/2002 N Emerson nemerson@bellsouth.net !988 !988 40'Newell Coach. I'm considering this purchase. It has been well maintained and is excellant shape. Could you provide some ballpark sales figures. Thanks, N. Emerson

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #89
Neweller

Q
555 3/28/2002 6:50:09 AM 3/29/2002 Harry Wuner wharvonw@juno.com Power Steering Fluid My 1982 Newell needs some power steering fluid. The power steering fluid I can buy in the stores says it's good for autos and light duty trucks. I think I have a standard Ross steering unit on my Newell, What fluid do you recommend? Thanks Harry

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #90
Neweller

Q
556 3/29/2002 3:58:57 PM 3/29/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Power Steering Fluid Use a quality brand of Dextron automatic transmission fluid (ATF) in the Newell hyraulic system. Mobil Synthetic ATF is our preferred fluid and is installed as original factory fill on new Newells. However, it is more expensive than conventional mineral base ATF and may be difficult to find. If your Newell needs hydraulic fluid, you should also check for leaks, possibly at the pump or steering gear.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #91
Neweller

A
557 3/30/2002 11:03:48 AM 3/30/2002 KEN MCCARL MCCARLK@ROGERS.COM MICHIGAN OR NEWYORK OWNERS!!!! NEED TO SEE A 1980s NEWELL, I AM TRYING TO REBUILD A BADLY BURNT 84. I NEED TO LOOK UNDER ANOTHER COACH, AND WRITE DOWN ALL THE ROUTING OF THE AIR BAG, BRAKES, TRANS, PS LINES, FUEL, ETC. PLEASE CALL OR E MAIL ME, 1-877-896-2628, KEN

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #92
Neweller

Q
558 4/1/2002 4:35:19 PM 4/2/2002 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com Wastewater tank leaking? After calling Tommy at Newell Service, I have found the leak to be a two inch crack in the plastic holding tank. Why it just started leaking, beats the heck out of me? Luckily it was near the edge where I was able to use some "Goop" marine repair. It was a bit difficult removing the aluminum formica panel where the outside faucet is located, but I did it. Putting it back was even more challenging. Unfortunately it received several bends and scratches. Thanks John Clark for your offer to help. My coach is a 1995 with a plastic tank. Coach #401

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #93
Neweller

A
559 4/1/2002 4:40:40 PM 4/2/2002 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com Rear turn signal not flashing My right rear turn signal is not flashing. It comes on and stays on. My front right one works fine. My emergency flashers work fine front and back. Is there a separate relay for each light? If so, where do I find them? Is the relay easy to replace? My tow vehicle right signal works also. Where do I begin troubleshooting?

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #94
Neweller

Q
562 4/1/2002 6:26:20 PM 4/2/2002 Charles R. Cravens craminc@juno.com microwave toilet Let me know what you find out. The concept does seem interesting.Charles

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #95
Neweller

A
563 4/1/2002 6:29:18 PM 4/2/2002 Charles R. Cravens craminc@juno.com roof paint I am having the KoolSeal put on my 1991 roof. The same information was provided. It was cooler and does not come off in strips. Charles A

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #96
Neweller

564 4/2/2002 2:56:42 PM 4/2/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Rear turn signal not flashing The turn signal is controlled by a silver Stancor single pole relay located on the rear terminal board. This is at the right rear corner of the coach accessed from outside. If you can't find the matching relay locally, call Newell Parts (1-888-3NEWELL) and ask them to ship you Newell part number NC8726.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #97
Neweller

A
565 4/3/2002 4:28:26 AM 4/7/2002 otto burleson 1930bigdog@Yahoo.com Rear turn signal not flashing Had exact same problem - there is a green wire attached to one of the bolts that holds the rear terminal board to the frame of the coach -- Nut of the bolt is accessable inside the engine compartment - removed and cleaned the ground - trouble went away.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #98
Neweller

A
567 4/8/2002 1:39:55 PM 4/9/2002 Dennis Wolfe dennis.wolfe@mindspring.com Smoking Tires I own a 1987 coach (no tag axle). What is the difference between the system I have (Skinner valves) and the 1990 system (why is it better)? What is included in the upgrade?

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #99
Neweller

a
568 4/9/2002 3:52:29 pm 4/10/2002 ken mccarl mccarlk@rogers.com 1984 40 ft 8v92 need info on where i can get engine mounts (round style). Also, what components i need for my rear brakes. I have the air line running to the back, thats all. Fire damage. Is there a valve assembly?

-Bob Marley
Old 10-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #100
Neweller

Q
569 4/12/2002 7:27:50 AM 4/13/2002 Dennis Wolfe dennis.wolfe@mindspring.com Replacement Air Valves I have a 1987 coach that has Skinner valves (V52DA2125) for controlling the suspension. Since they no longer make this valve, do you recommend using the Skinner replacement or some other brand?

-Bob Marley