110v compressor wiring - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
encantotom

Default 110v compressor wiring

hi all,

i have taken out the entire manifold, dryer, pressure switch etc for the 110v compressor. in my coach it is in the bay on the back wall in the genny blower bay in front of the passenger steer wheel.

man, what a bunch of plumbing and switches.

i will replace some of it and reuse some of it. the compressor unloader valve isnt working as it can barely start under pressure. i want to fix all of that before i worry if the compressor is too loud or not.

my question is simple. i am assumming that there is constant 12v to the pressure switch and that the ground is supplied by the switch over the microwave. i say that because in tracing the wires out, the only way i could get it to work is that way with a 12v bench supply sitting on my kitchen floor (yea, darlene is patient).

there are two solenoids that open and close with 12v.

1...one at the bottom of the dryer/filter. that one is normally open (to allow moisture to drain into the small plastic tank) when the compressor is not running. when a ground is supplied (12v compressor on switch), then the water drain valve closes, the valve to the tank is open and if the pressure is low from the pressure switch, then 12v is applied to a 110 v motor relay and the pump starts.

2. the other is controlling the air flow to the small tank that is in the same compartment. it is also normally open and closes with 12v.

here is what i have not been able to trace out yet...there is a two wire plug that goes up to neverland (i assume it goes to the 12v compressor switch) one side of the plug supplies the ground that closes the water drain valve and engergizes the relay that starts the compressor. the other side of the plug only energizes the valve that closes off the air to the tank. (i assume it is like a check valve)

i am guessing there is a relay that the 12v compressor switch above the microwave controls that switches power between the two sides of that plug to either turn on the compressor or close the valve that acts as a check valve.

it seems strange to me that there would be power there all the time.

i am sure i am missing something and i will figure it out, but if anyone has already traced this out i would appreciate any guidance you have.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote