Electric scooters are great for rvers. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
FJGuard

Default Electric scooters are great for rvers.

Having a scooter to shoot down to the convenience store, tour the campground, cruise the RV Park, Marina or where ever you are you'll be sure to get smiles and waves. Plus they're fun! I think electric scooters are better than the gas powered scooter because they don't make much noise, you don't go too fast, they are easy to fold and can fit in the basement compartment of your Newell easily and quickly with no mess or fuss. Electric scooters are cost effective, not cheap off the get go but they will pay for themselves eventually. In most states the electric scooter is street legal and I haven't ran into a campground that didn't allow them.

FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Hugo

Now that's a great idea. I need to check into some electric scooters. Gloria would love to cruise around on one at rv parks.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
FJGuard

Hugo try some out. You'll enjoy them we do when we're at a RV Park. When we're campin my buddies bring their ATVs but the wife doesn't like to get down and dirty so we take the electric scooters when we go trippin and she likes how easy it is to run around and how easy they fold up and can be put away.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Cheri Smith

Does anyone recommend a certain brand of scooter? What ones are good? what brands should I stay away from?

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
FJGuard

We have a couple Go-Ped electric scooters. We love them and we purchased the seat and basket kit which comes in handy. They are a USA made scooter. So the quality is there. Camping World sells one but I don't know anything about the brand. The only thing I would suggest is stay away from the cheap ones made in China because they won't last long.