Do You Believe a Newell Coach is a Very Safe Motorcoach? If So, Why? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Coach Talk! > RVing Safely
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Neweller

Default Do You Believe a Newell Coach is a Very Safe Motorcoach? If So, Why?

Please share what your reason may be as to why you believe a Newell Coach to be one of the safest Motorcoaches in the RV World. This is a question many lurkers have as a consideration as to why choose a Newell Coach?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this important subject.

Ken

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
MarkofSJC

Ken,

Great question. I believe it to be true on a number of levels.
Manuverability - Those equipted with rear steering tags are far more manuverable at 45' than some single tags that are considerably shorter. This allows you to quickly get out of "harms way"
Engineering - Strip the coach of all it's interior & exterior "bling" and you'll find a coach that's over-engineered;
Larger 365 tires carry weight more safely while adding to ride comfort.
Larger Engines keep you out of the slow lane with climbing mountain ranges, regardless of what you are towing
Insulation ratings allow you this to be a "Four Season" coach with no chance of problems during a sudden freeze

Those are just a few of the things I can think of, off the top of my head.

Mark

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
86loco

1. I would have to believe a Newell to be one of if not the safest manufacturered RV built. I know buses are safe for passenger use and I know the question is regarding a RV.
2. They are large and built with a super strong cage design with steel rails going down the middle that have steel bumpers on each end. Look out!
3. Like Mark mentioned above they offer great driver control even on the older years.
4. Less likely to flip over during a tire blow-out then many RVs.
5. A lot of power to pull away from a possible incident in the making
6. Braking is amazing for such a huge object.
7. Easily seen by others to stay out of the way.
8. Great visual arrangement out of the large windshields.

That is all for now.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
tuga

I feel that Newells are very safe because the majority of the weight of the coach is below the floor (75% I think). A low center of gravity is a big plus in potential roll over situations.

The house is made of aircraft aluminum (cage and sheeting). It is strong, yet light in weight relative to the steel chassis. The chassis is built using bridge truss construction (very strong). The coach is balanced with placement of batteries, fuel tanks, and generator so that the coach is not overloaded on any one side or front/aft.

I was told by Brian Pitts (salesman for Newell) that a Newell will accelerate faster and stop quicker than any comparable weight coach in its class. Boyd Vanover (engineer at Newell) told me that the chassis bridge truss construction is the strongest in the industry. Given these testimonies are from Newell people, but if you are in doubt take a tour of the factory and see how they are built. Seeing is believing!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Barthman

Not a Newell owner yet but want to someday. I'm here just thinking about just some of these characteristics you all have mentioned are great ones. Never thought about the weight below the floor specs and if this true a Newell has less chance of rollover vs. a bus conversion.
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Randy J

For all the reasons above.

One of the things that impressed us the most. When we looked at several motorhomes. Many motorhomes/trailers/5th wheels would shake. move. When you step in a Newell it doesn't move. When you walk in it. It doesn't move. You can tell it's built well. It's sturdy and strong. No doubt!

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthman View Post
Not a Newell owner yet but want to someday. I'm here just thinking about just some of these characteristics you all have mentioned are great ones. Never thought about the weight below the floor specs and if this true a Newell has less chance of rollover vs. a bus conversion.
Barthman,

I think that it is unfair to state that a Newell has less chance of a rollover vs a bus conversion. I'm not an engineer and I don't have any specs on bus conversions, so I am not saying that. I'm not qualified to say anything about a bus conversion because I don't have any information.

Sorry if I mislead you, I didn't mean to.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
86loco

Tuga I do not believe you mislead anyone at all. After speaking with my brother (an engineer) who does own a MCI bus conversion has told me my Newell frame is heavier at the lower center of gravity points which in turn should give the stance greater ability against a roll over. He also told me Newell's are designed to hold certain coach equipment in specific designed areas where as is not the case with a bus. What he has told me makes a lot of sense. Personally I believe in my own mind a Newell to be safer than all the motorhomes I have checked out.

86loco is offline   Reply With Quote