Air tanks - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
rheavn

Default Air tanks

This posting should apply to those with 90s and later coaches. My count on air tanks that need to be drained of water occasionally is now up to ten. I was at nine until Tom McCloud found another one. There are four in front above the front suspension(the brake tanks are oblong in shape and the other two look like cross members with petcocks). There is one in basement compartment R-1(generator blower compartment), but not all coaches seem to have this tank. There is one on the front wall of the right rear wheelwell in front of the drive tire. There are four in the rear. There is an oblong tank that services the rear brakes-this tank has a needle valve to drain rather than a petcock. There are three cross member type tanks that service the rear suspension. One is above the drive axle, one is just in front of the tag axle and one above the transmission-this air tank services the tag axle and internally is split into two tanks, so this tank has two petcocks. If you begin to find water in your tanks you may need to install a new desiccant filter on your air dryer that is located on the rear wall of the left wheelwell behind the tag tire. I hope this helps others in the maintenance of their Newell.