Jimmie Johnson NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion owned a 2008 Newell Coach! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
speedingsport

Default Jimmie Johnson NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion owned a 2008 Newell Coach!

Jimmie Johnson Reigning four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver of the Year, and recent recipient of the Associated Press’ 2009 Male Athlete of the Year award, Jimmie Johnson and his wife Chandra owned a 2008, quad slide-out Newell Coach. I believe he no longer owns this 2008 coach. If anyone has more info to share please do, I always like to know what Nascar drivers own a Newell!

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
pyledriver

I was thinking he was driving a Newell last season unless I'm getting it mixed up with 2010

pyledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
JohnC

Jimmie no longer has his 2008 Newell.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Ron Skeen

Marathon had the coach for sale for 550K and I think they still may have it.
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
pyledriver

Interesting. My questions would be; does anyone know when he traded it in and possibly why? Did he buy a Marathon?
pyledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
jack14r

His driver told me that they purchased a 4 slide Marathon.I asked him how the Newell compared to the Prevost and he said that he would be worn out after 8 hours in the Newell but he could drive the Prevost much further without the fatigue,he also said that the Newell had more space,and that in the Marathon they had moved the washer and dryer to a bay to increase the closet space and also modified the 1/2 bath for the new babies room.I had at that time an ATC 30 foot stacker and they wanted a ATC stacker and he came to look at mine,Jimmy's driver purchased a 28 foot ATC stacker and as far as I know they still have the Marathon and ATC stacker.I would say that the coach was a 2010 and they will be in the market for a new one soon.
jack14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Neweller

If Jimmie Johnson is no longer a Newell Coach owner, then I guess I won't be wearing my #48 hat any longer. I'll have to readjust my favorites list. What can I say, just the way it is.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
speedingsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack14r View Post
His driver told me that they purchased a 4 slide Marathon.I asked him how the Newell compared to the Prevost and he said that he would be worn out after 8 hours in the Newell but he could drive the Prevost much further without the fatigue,he also said that the Newell had more space,and that in the Marathon they had moved the washer and dryer to a bay to increase the closet space and also modified the 1/2 bath for the new babies room.I had at that time an ATC 30 foot stacker and they wanted a ATC stacker and he came to look at mine,Jimmy's driver purchased a 28 foot ATC stacker and as far as I know they still have the Marathon and ATC stacker.I would say that the coach was a 2010 and they will be in the market for a new one soon.
If they'll be in the market for a new one soon. I wonder if they'll go for another Newell this time around? I've never had any issues with being fatigue driving my Newell. That's interesting they turned the 1/2 bath into a baby room. Thanks for the info Jack.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #9
Neweller

Well I may just stick my hat in mothballs in case Jimmies steps back up to the plate of the rolling class. I was thinking if his driver has that much to say about it, it may be time for a new driver.LOL Just Kidding, I still root for the guy, not saying my list won't change a little knowing who drives Newell's. No matter what Jimmie is a great driver.

Thanks for sharing that info.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
jack14r

I just reported what he said and he was emphatic that the Prevost drove much better than the Newell(I am just the messenger). They drive a lot of miles each year and I think that his time behind the wheel qualified him as an authority to report his feelings,and he had been with Jimmy through several coaches.I would bet that few or any would risk buying from Marathon at this time,it appears that Newell is the most cost effective product for the Nascar guys at this point in time.I think that he stated that they drove about 60K a year,I don't think that they take the coach to the west coast races.

jack14r is offline   Reply With Quote