74 Newell Coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Bill Stuart

Default 74 Newell Coach

I own a 1973 Newell with a 3208 Cat, no turbo. The engine was installed by Suncoast Ford in Florida, replacing the original 1160 Cat. Can anyone tell me what the horsepower of the 1160 was? I think it is cooling properly, but what should temperature be going down the highway? The rear end is an H-140RDAX5. This engine, since installed, has only 16,000 miles - is rear end to light? Did Newell install the 23,000 lb Page drive axle air suspension and the Onan 3 cylinder, water cooled diesel genset generator? Motorhome dog walks on me - has new Toyo tires in front. Checked steering box, seems tight - you really have to be on top of steering going down road. In the past when people were going from older tires to the new style radial tires, you had to realign your front end? Do you think there's to much overhang on rear end of coach making it light on front axle. Thanks again for your help. Bill
Bill Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote