Tire Blow out. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Aragona

Unhappy Tire Blow out.

Had my driver's side front tire blow out in Fort Wayne IN going to the Indy 500 on my 1994 coach. Ended up in the median with major undercarriage damage. Not drivable so I had it towed to Newell in OK. Had them do all repairs plus some extras. I was truly disappointed when I got the coach back. Cracked front windshield, 2 of the 3 A/C's were inoperable. The same ones they worked on from the undercarriage damage. Had them put a new radio in and that did not work either. They never aimed the head lamps that were ripped off either. Only thing the service department says it was all working there.

Aragona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
larryweikart

That's a big disappointment! Normally, they are pretty good. I have a 94 also and live on Coldwater lake, just off of I-69 at the 3 mile marker if you're ever in the area. In the process of refurbishing ours.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
86loco

Wow Aragona that really sucks! Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
bluesky

how fast were you travelling when the tire blew? It sounds like the damage was HUGE!
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=47
1993 SOB
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #5
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragona View Post
Had my driver's side front tire blow out in Fort Wayne IN going to the Indy 500 on my 1994 coach. Ended up in the median with major undercarriage damage. Not drivable so I had it towed to Newell in OK. Had them do all repairs plus some extras. I was truly disappointed when I got the coach back. Cracked front windshield, 2 of the 3 A/C's were inoperable. The same ones they worked on from the undercarriage damage. Had them put a new radio in and that did not work either. They never aimed the head lamps that were ripped off either. Only thing the service department says it was all working there.
I agree with Larry, That a HUGE disappointment. Newell Service is usually top notch all the way. Who was your service tech?

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote