Central Vacuum who has installed one ? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Central Vacuum who has installed one ?

Hello,

I want to install a central vacuum in our newell but thought I should check first to make sure its possible and if so who has successfully installed a system ? I am looking for tips and tricks and what brand we should be checking out. Best warranty etc. Not necessarily worried about price since I'm a believer in you get what you pay for.

Jeff

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
pairodice

We had one in two of our coaches (Foretravels) and my wife loved it! These were the types with the loooong hose and a central covered hole in the wall to plug the hose in. The vacuum contraption that makes all the noise was down in the basement so it was very quiet. We have one in the home we are renting in WA that has a long hose also BUT the thing my wife really loves is this slot that is under the cabinet in the kitchen. She can sweep stuff near to the slot and then kick a toggle to open the slot and turn on the vacuum - she just sweeps the dirt into the slot. Very nice. I will install one of these in our next coach.
I found the floor attachment on Google search for 'vacpan' - there is also a version that looks like an A/C heat floor register... about $30 each but you only really need one in the kitchen area and a wall-hose attachment for the rest of the coach carpet.
The unit in the home is a All Canadian Vacuum ACV, it is a really big unit downstairs but it's for a whole home. I imagine you could just buy the kick to open slot. there is a model on their website that is 26" high by 12" wide Model 116311 - this would work... There is a Eureka CV140 on Amazon for $107 that has 1 good review and it is small - 14.5" x 7"
BTW, don't waste your money on the RugRat or whatever they call it - it is powered by the air through the hose... does not work worth a flip

pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Newell Attack

Pairodice,

Thank you for the reply, Here is what I'm looking at

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[h=1]Powerful RV Vacuum All-In-One Central Motorhome Vacuum System[/h]

Powerful and space saving Central Vacuum System is designed specifically for RVs. Quiet commercial grade power unit can be installed in a cabinet, under a seat or in a closet. It is listed on buy.com kind of pricey at 452.00 I wonder how it compares to the Eureka CV140 you listed for a third the cost.
Attached Images

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote