Possible new regulation if passed could effect our resell rights of our Newell RV - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Coach Talk! > Off-Topic Discussions & Humor
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Texas Pete

Default Possible new regulation if passed could effect our resell rights of our Newell RV

I found this article very interesting especially knowing todays economical climate. But when you thought the chokers were already bad enough we havn't a clue what else might be on the horizon for our ever shrinking world. After some discussions with the boys during breakfast yesterday on the topic of taxation and RV ownership and so forth, this topic a linked below was the center of it after a friend shared a printed off copy. After the six of us meeting we walked away split on the possible outcome. I am one that believes it is inevitable.

This reputable article mentions cars and how something like 30% of their parts or components are made offshore and that could verywell affect possible resell rights under this new proposed law.

I welcome any openminded opinions.
[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"]
[TD][TABLE="align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Your right to resell your own stuff is in peril - Jennifer Waters's Consumer Confidential - MarketWatch[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

In everything I have done. I discovered, the only person who limits you is yourself.
Texas Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
speedingsport

The right to resell my own stuff better stay that way. This is down right wrong! This wouldn't be just plain bad for RV ownership but what about everything else? I just don't see how they could get something like this passed! I hope I'm right!

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Neweller

Ebay sent a notice on this the other day to all their sellers wanting them to sign a petition against it. Ebay says if this passes it will pretty much put an end to their market place. They are putting up a lot of dough to stop its passage. Many countries probably think it is a great idea. Wonder which side China would be on since they mass produce mostly throw away items? I'm still trying to digest the pros and cons of it. It would be great for some manufacturers.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
JustDustin

It would be good for manufatures in the USA. But what about all the parts that manufactures use such as Newell Coach? We all know that every part they use to build a Newell Coach is not made here. I think it would be a great way to create jobs here in the United States. It's a hard thing to digest...
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
Arlie Powers

» How a Supreme Court Ruling May Stop You from Reselling Just About Anything Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! It says the supreme court was going to hear this case on Monday and I don't know if it was this Monday or next?

Never Hold a Grudge, Unless You Like Pain!
Arlie Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
1993Newell

hmmmmm I would like to know what came of it?

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #7
Neweller

Here is the direct link to the whole article. I too would like to know what the Supreme Court Decision might be. With the storm and election going on, you can bet they could slip something like this in the back door on us. How a Supreme Court ruling may stop you from reselling just about anything | Ars Technica There is a second page to the write up.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
MrE

This might (is) a little off topic, but I have an issue with having to pay sales tax on used vehicles. I haven't done the title research on my Newell to see how many owners in the last 26 years, but everyone of us has had to pay sales tax. Why isn't there some kind of limitation and after that it's exempt?
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
stewart33

MrE you're right! I agree there should be!

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote