24/7 in your coach just the two of you - How do you do it? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Nara Queen

Default 24/7 in your coach just the two of you - How do you do it?

[h=4]How Do You Do It?

When you can't stand each other...

How do you get away from each other?
[/h]
We have never fulltimed, thought we wanted an adventure but questioning if we can do it?

Nara

Nara Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Nara you crack us up!
  • HOBBIES are biggie. If you have hobbies together and apart you will have the space you need.
  • FRIENDS make some and then you'll have someone else to talk to besides your spouse.

There will be times you can't stand each other but for the most part you adjust to the lifestyle. We enjoy it! I can't think of anything else right now off the top of my head but when I do (which I'm sure I will) I'll come back and post it!

Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Cheri Smith

Communication is number one!! Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!

Negotiate where needed.

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
jWolfe

Maybe that's why I'm divorced?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
stewart33

Headphones are must for privacy! One might want to take a nap or read while someone watches TV or listens to music. This is a must!
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
fulltiming

Having previously full-timed for 10 years, we can say with certainty that you and your spouse MUST be best friends. Otherwise, it isn't going to work very long. Secondly, be respectful of the others need for space and privacy. Georgia likes to read in bed and I work/play on the computer up front. That gives us both quiet time (I usually get the Irish Wolfhound with me). Our computer workstations are close to each other but she is in the passenger seat facing forward and my desk is on the street side wall across from the coach so as long as we keep the speakers off or use headphones (as previously mentioned) it works well. Also it helps to divide the duties, especially on travel days so you aren't tripping over each other. I take care of getting the outside of the coach ready and she takes care of the inside. We both choose activities/events to attend so we can both get in some things we want to do. Make the small space work for you instead of against you. I was happy with the full-time life, the wife was more than ready to get back to a sticks and bricks house. So after 10 years of living in our RVs, we now keep it beside the house.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
Neweller

My wife love's it out on the road and will put in the extra effort to put up with my arrogance. So, I try back extra hard too. All in all we made it work fairly easy.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Charlotte Rosita

We aren't full timers but on trips I still like to have my own personal space. Go to your corner of the coach. I would suggest what Michael said him and his wife do. While your husband might be in the living area on his laptop go to your bedroom and read. This will help have your "own space".
Charlotte Rosita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
1993Newell

Having things you like to do apart is always good. Women read, write, knit, call and chat with family, go for a walk, sit and watch a show. Men go for a bike ride, surf the web, tune up your bike, fix the coach. You get the idea..since you're together all the time doing things apart is important. Liking each other a tad does help too.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Nara Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond N Priscilla Miller View Post
Nara you crack us up!
  • HOBBIES are biggie. If you have hobbies together and apart you will have the space you need.
  • FRIENDS make some and then you'll have someone else to talk to besides your spouse.

There will be times you can't stand each other but for the most part you adjust to the lifestyle. We enjoy it! I can't think of anything else right now off the top of my head but when I do (which I'm sure I will) I'll come back and post it!
Hobbies and Friends I think we can do that!

Nara
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
Nara Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri Smith View Post
Communication is number one!! Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!

Negotiate where needed.
I agree with you there communication is important. Negotiate? What's that?

Nara
Old 10-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
Nara Queen

Jay that's what I don't want to happen...

Nara
Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
Nara Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart33 View Post
Headphones are must for privacy! One might want to take a nap or read while someone watches TV or listens to music. This is a must!
Stewart I will remember that one!

Nara
Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
Nara Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltiming View Post
Having previously full-timed for 10 years, we can say with certainty that you and your spouse MUST be best friends. Otherwise, it isn't going to work very long. Secondly, be respectful of the others need for space and privacy. Georgia likes to read in bed and I work/play on the computer up front. That gives us both quiet time (I usually get the Irish Wolfhound with me). Our computer workstations are close to each other but she is in the passenger seat facing forward and my desk is on the street side wall across from the coach so as long as we keep the speakers off or use headphones (as previously mentioned) it works well. Also it helps to divide the duties, especially on travel days so you aren't tripping over each other. I take care of getting the outside of the coach ready and she takes care of the inside. We both choose activities/events to attend so we can both get in some things we want to do. Make the small space work for you instead of against you. I was happy with the full-time life, the wife was more than ready to get back to a sticks and bricks house. So after 10 years of living in our RVs, we now keep it beside the house.
Full-timed for 10 years? Wow that's impressive Michael and Georgia! I would guess if you did it for that long you'd have to be "best friends". Dividing the duties sounds like a prefect idea. Thanks a lot for replying with such helpful reply.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #15
Nara Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
My wife love's it out on the road and will put in the extra effort to put up with my arrogance. So, I try back extra hard too. All in all we made it work fairly easy.
Thanks for the reminder, need to remember putting int he extra effort will help matters if any arise.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
Oreo

Nara don't scare us before we get started!
Oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
1993Newell

you'll be fine,

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
express1

We don't full time, but months together. After 38 years of marriage , Southwest Airlines, works just fine.

express1 is offline   Reply With Quote