Engine Batteries acting like they are weak - Page 3 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #41
encantotom

when jeff called me i conferenced in the wizard richard. it was fun for the 3 of us to talk. i am glad it worked out well. i have made far goofier boo boos. it doesnt matter what it was as long as it got fixed.

i am looking forward to meeting jeff and pam when they come out to az to visit.

i need all of you to come visit and just fix one thing on my rig before you leave so i can get it all fixed up!

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #42
prairieschooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
Jeff,
Use a Volt Meter so that you can see what the voltage is at the starter, put the leads at the same terminals that the starter gets it power from (+) at the positive cable connection (like you stated with a loose nut on a terminal) and (-) at the negative cable connection. Now go back through the tests using the engine batteries and the merge function.
So many times it is simply a loose connection and mostly a loose ground (-). Not sure about your engine but my 6V92 requires 2000 cranking amps and that is why there are two 8D batteries.
Good luck, I know that it can be frustrating, just write down the findings while performing the tests with the volt meter and test the voltage at numerous points of the positive (+) and negative (-) cables one cable at a time.

I have been trouble shooting problems a long time and that is why I suggested starting from the beginning. I always start at one end then the other end, then cut the circuit in half and then half again. I will record the readings on a complicated circuit and have found this approach to work well for me.

Glad it worked out. Off to the Colorado River tomorrow!!

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #43
chockwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
i need all of you to come visit and just fix one thing on my rig before you leave so i can get it all fixed up!

later

tom
We'll be stopping by on our way to Senator Wash, Tom, and will do our part! Should be there by the 5th, or 6th of Feb. at the latest.

Clarke and Elaine

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote