Isn't every Newell considered a Classic? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
NewellCrazy

Default Isn't every Newell considered a Classic?

I've noticed that most associate the term "Classic Newell" with 1992 and older Newells. On my recent visit to the Factory it came up in conversation and according to Newell Coach every Newell is considered Classic. At present time Newell Coach Corporation produces 24 Coaches a year and each one is a Classic.

According to dictionary.com Classic means:

Of the first or highest quality, class, or rank: a classic piece of work.

And I think we all agree Newell Coach manufactures the highest quality custom built motor homes available today,

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
chockwald

In terms of Newells the Classics ended around 1988......

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockwald View Post
In terms of Newells the Classics ended around 1988......
Clarke,

My point exactly, You're only associating older Newells with the term classic and forgetting that according to Newell Coach every Newell is a Classic and dictionary.com states the definition of Classic as the following:

Of the first or highest quality, class, or rank: a classic piece of work.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Jack Fouts

The word classic comes from the latin word classicus which referred to recruits of the 'first class', the heavy infantry in the roman army. So in a way it means first class although people use it in different terms.

When there is a need, lend a helping hand!
Jack Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
prairieschooner

So what we have here is a failure to communicate! I would guess that Classic would have different meanings, how about;
The word classic means something that is a perfect example of a particular style, something of lasting worth or with a timeless quality. The word can be an adjective (a classic car) or a noun (a classic of English literature). It denotes a particular quality in art, architecture, literature and other cultural artifacts. In commerce, products are named 'classic' to denote a long standing popular version or model, to distinguish it from a newer variety.

or;
A classic can be something old that remains prized or valuable (but not an antique).

Now those of us with the "older" coaches would see them as classics and those of you with newer coaches would see them as classics;
Manufacturers frequently describe their products as classic, to distinguish the original from a new variety, or to imply qualities in the product.

Classic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to start an argument but I know that my '82 is both.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
chockwald

Obviously, every Newell is unique. No two Newells are alike, but in terms of Newells there are Classics, and then there are the more recent body styles including the Series 2000 body that began in 1990, and then the Series 2000i in 1995, then the Series P2000i in 1996. I don't believe anyone considers the 2000, 2000i, or P2000i to be Classics in the literal sense.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #7
Jack Fouts

Read more: Beautiful, attractive, or well-formed: Information from Answers.com

I don't know about anyone else but I could definitely relate the Newell Coach to the above discriptions.

When there is a need, lend a helping hand!
Jack Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #8
Newell Attack

Quote:
Obviously, every Newell is unique. No two Newells are alike, but in terms of Newells there are Classics, and then there are the more recent body styles including the Series 2000 body that began in 1990, and then the Series 2000i in 1995, then the Series P2000i in 1996. I don't believe anyone considers the 2000, 2000i, or P2000i to be Classics in the literal sense.

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
Newell Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
So what we have here is a failure to communicate! I would guess that Classic would have different meanings, how about;
The word classic means something that is a perfect example of a particular style, something of lasting worth or with a timeless quality. The word can be an adjective (a classic car) or a noun (a classic of English literature). It denotes a particular quality in art, architecture, literature and other cultural artifacts. In commerce, products are named 'classic' to denote a long standing popular version or model, to distinguish it from a newer variety.

or;
A classic can be something old that remains prized or valuable (but not an antique).

Now those of us with the "older" coaches would see them as classics and those of you with newer coaches would see them as classics;
Manufacturers frequently describe their products as classic, to distinguish the original from a new variety, or to imply qualities in the product.

Classic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to start an argument but I know that my '82 is both.
Hey Steve,

You have a double classic.

Jeff

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:01 AM   #10
prairieschooner

When we were in Crede a few years ago a very nice man invited us to cocktails. He had a 2007 Quad Slide and told me that he had an '82 and really missed it. His 2007 was amazing and we did enjoy their hospitality.
Please remember that we are all in the same "bus" so to speak and if we are next to you I welcome you over for cocktails.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #11
Neweller

A lot of great definitions for the beautiful amazing Newell. I'm sure we could come up with a few more. I didn't see bodacious or radical (rad) on the list.

Steve, you most definitely get the "A" for the most professional related answer. You do deserve a cold one!

Classic does mean all of those things and more as we can see from various definitions above. If we're to relate it to the term when applied to a classic automobile or say the term "Classic Car Show" then it would fit both of the terms outlined in Steve (prairieschooners) post above. I have owned dozens of antique and collectable cars over the years and attended many car shows including those referred to as classic. In the automotive fields which are not necessarily the same as RV's or motohomes but could share some resemblances, classic cars are generally anything that is of quality build, 20 years or older and well sought after. Now, anything over 25 years could be called an antique or vintage. But then these other terms can change meaning depending on what or how they are applied.

Now, if we are to use the term as applied to classic cars of 20 years, that would be correct in the assumption that in 2012 a 1992 and older would now be referred to as a classic coach. I'll leave it up to the individual to decide in their mind from what they understand or have learned over the years and say we are all right on this one.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
prairieschooner

I am not always "socially acceptable" so please do not nominate me for office. But I will take a "cold one" when we meet!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #13
The Newell

Quote:
Clarke is correct, The series 2000 was first introduced in 1990. However, The series 2000i wasn't introduced until 2005(not 1996 as previously mentioned) and if my memory serves correctly, Newell Coach released their series P2000i model in 2006 but sold as a 2007 model year.

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #14
Archie T. Hogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fouts View Post

Read more: Beautiful, attractive, or well-formed: Information from Answers.com

I don't know about anyone else but I could definitely relate the Newell Coach to the above discriptions.
Jack, I agree with your posting.

Full Timing( Already Started)
Archie T. Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote