used newell blue book values - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Stan Mcgann

Default used newell blue book values

Does anyone know the blue book value of a 2003 Newell Coach. The prices are all over the place so how do you know where to start with pricing???

Thanks for any information or where I can find the information.

Stan Mcgann

Stan Mcgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
lbrachfe

It really depends on condition, number of slides, equipment, roof , number of baths, TV & electronic upgrades, etc. I have seen trashed as low as $195k and perfect condition with all the toys, 2 baths and 4 slides for $360k. Send Tuga an e-mail as I understand he may have developed a pretty good spreadsheet on values. When we got ours it was in perfect condition, but needed $25k in unseen needed service, repairs and updates.

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Starvin Marvin

I was told by another Newell owner there is no actual blue book or nada values for Newell's. Quote me if I'm wrong?
Starvin Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
Stan Mcgann

This particular Newell has 98K miles on her, That being said what would be a fair market value? Asking price is 349K and its a quad slide. Appearence wise it looks great, tires are good, fires the first try and the paint is in good condition.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
Ground Control

Stan, it would make it nice if there was some kind of guideline for used Newell's. They are like bus conversion when it comes to rating value. I'm not even sure if there are appraisers who can get it right? I think asking around at a site like this will help steer you in the right direction though.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
tuga

Stan & Bernie,

You can make your own guideline for market value. Just record asking prices on eBay, RVOnline, or whatever site you look at. eBay is good to see how much people actually bid on coaches. I use the MyWatch function because it records the auction results and records them for about 30 days. Asking prices are not selling price so I make a judgement call. If a coach receives no bids it is priced too high or it is a dud! If you are lucky enough to see one actually sell on eBay you have a good indicator of FMV. I will admit usually on eBay coaches do not sell directly, but I have sold one of my previous Newells to someone who bid on it on eBay.

One of the best ways to determine fair market value is to call Newell. The guys in sales will give you their honest opinion as to the market value of a coach even if they don't have it listed. In many instances they know the coach and can give you a positive or negative on it.

You can also find out a great deal by talking to people who have recently sold a Newell. Often times they will telll you what they sold it for, or they will give you a range. Talking to people is a good way to determine what is going on in the market.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
NeverEnding

Stan I myself have been pondering the same things. Like autos I'm sure a lot of it has to do with condition, age and the bells and whistles. It would be nice if there were some guideline.

Marvin is sure appears that way, does anyone know why there is no actual blue book value?

There is no doubt that a Newell is a first class coach all around but it would be a tremendous help knowing what exactly you get for your money and what you don't.

What did others do to figure the value? How did you know it was a good deal, when you bought your Newell?
NeverEnding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
NeverEnding

Tuga I don't know how I missed your post. I guess that's what I get for starting a post at the office and then getting distracted coming back later and hitting the reply button. haha... But I see it now and thanks for the great input and suggestions. I never knew of the Mywatch I'm going to look into that.
NeverEnding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
lbrachfe

There is no Blue Book because every Newell is different
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
Stan Mcgann

I guess I still have the same question as before. What would be a fair price for the coach I'm looking at based on the information I posted above.

Thank You,

Stan
Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
Stan Mcgann

should I offer full price and be happy with that or make an offer?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
tuga

Stan,

Here are a couple of comparables:

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=56457

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=55865

As you can see the first one was asking $310,500 and the second one was asking $289,900. Both of these coaches sold so we know that the upper end of FMV is their respective asking prices. 10-15% is a normal discount when buying so let's assume that they each sold for $279,000 and $260,910 respectively.

Checking NewellClassic.com classified section: there are 4 listed (one of the four is listed above) they range in price from $349,000 to $379,995 to $650,000. None are sold as far as we know. The reason for higher asking prices on these coaches could be that the seller is willing to take a trade-in and he therefore starts at a higher asking price.

To answer your question, I would say that FMV is around $275,000 for a 2003 w/4 slides depending on mileage and overall condition. Some 03s may sell for more and they are worth more because of options and overall condition.

A little extra advice would be to walk thru the coach and operate everything from the ACs to the lights and horn. Make a list of what doesn't work and try to get the seller to fix anything major that you find.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
Neweller

Stan, welcome! Glad you are in the hunt for the most elite motor coach on the planet. As stated by a couple other members, Newell's are not in any official blue book of sorts. Reason being, they are custom no two alike and made in low numbers. In anytime in the RVing history, there has probably not been a better time to acquire an elite class of of motor coach such as a Newell, as right now. Because of our current economic situation in this country, prices our in an unbelievable range for used Newell's. And if the coach you are looking at is a diamond, then the price is right. We're talking a million dollar savings from the price of a new one and in most people's eyes, it's still an unbelievable master piece. Newell Coach has one the same year but a dual-slide they recently reduced the price on down to $299k and it's a beautiful coach. Now your talking a quad slide for $50k less. Many folks would not blink an eye at $50k more money for two more slides..

Why don't you shoot the seller something close to the asking price of the one the factory is selling. Of course this is after you have thoroughly checked this coach out. You could throw the offer out there contingent to your over-all inspection. Like I stated before, if it's a diamond, anything around $300k on a coach this year is a gem of a price. If it needs work, then deduct for such repairs or reconditioning. It really has to pencil out in your own mind too, you're the one who has to live with the final deal.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
ashley

Send a message via AIM to ashley

Need to know miles slides maint history
ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #15
afrench45

I agree with the others on this. There are prices ranges that this year model coach should be between, and Tuga hit them right on. However because each coach is 100% custom it really comes down to what you want and like. I had a friend pay money for a coach 4 years newer than his was but he loved the coach, and is just what he wanted. Floorplan always is a big price factor, as the 4 slide or bath and a half coaches tend to be more. Personally I would worry much on mileage. As long as the coach has been well maintained, mechanically it is good for 350k+ before any major service. Enjoy looking for your Newell, that is the most fun part!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
Stan Mcgann

Offer has been sent I will let you all know how it goes. I do appreciate the answers.

Stan
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #17
express1

I brought Tuga with me. He said it was a good deal.
and thats, that.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
folivier

Hey Matt, I tried to send you a PM but you need to clear your inbox, said it was full.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #19
express1

Sorry about that. I've cleared everything, Forest call me. 985-6376811. I'm out west however.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
folivier

Cant call I'm in Paris, looking for a Newell
We'll be in Europe 5 weeks.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote