How does a Newell Coach Fair Against Other Motorhomes in a Fire?? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Neweller

Default How does a Newell Coach Fair Against Other Motorhomes in a Fire??

I spent some time studying a 1996 Newell having been totaled (total loss) from a fire that appears to had started near the right rear of the coach. If you have ever looked at fire damaged RV's (recreational vehicle's) you can tell that most burn at a very quick rate. Looking over this particular Newell and studying the charred areas up close, you can tell the burn rate was much slower than your average travel trailer or motorhome.

Some of the things most have probably overlook and apparently had helped slow down the burn rate this Newell Coach I would have to attribute to the highest quality of material and workmanship going into this high class motorcoach (RV). Materials such as 5/8" thick 7 layer or strand marine grade plywood made with stronger more fire resistant glues surfaced with a very fire resistant laminate surface finish, encapsulated with aluminum strut supports and polyurethane closed cell foam, then sheathed with thick aluminum siding. With these slower burn rate than average components and compounds, one can see that not only is a Newell Coach above par with structural integrity, but also is superior to even the above average build of coach in best of class fire resistance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	burnednewell1.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	509.2 KB
ID:	2950
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	burnednewell2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	2951  

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
NEWELLWIZARD

I wonder what caused the fire? I agree Newell Coaches are built strong and it looks like this one got crisp but I read on the other thread that the front interior of the coach is being put it in an Eagle? That sounds to me like this Newell handled the fire like a champ. Thanks for the photos Ken. Interesting in deed...

NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
speedingsport

A fires going to do some serious damage. It's good to see a Newell held up to a fire so well.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
1993Newell

Compared to to this motorhome it looks like a Newell coach held up pretty well. http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/r...ve-damage.html

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Neweller

Ed and Melba, thanks for sharing the comparisons. I have a lot more pictures of the Newell I could share if others ever want to see them?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
NEWELLWIZARD

Ken I would be interested in seeing more photos.

NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote