Dumping RV Holding Tanks into Home Septic - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Paul Wilbert

Default Dumping RV Holding Tanks into Home Septic

Greetings,

Question; We want to hook our holding tank up with our septic and wanted some input from folks who have, cautions, problems etc.
Also is there some device that can hook up semi-permanently with the 3" "observation" hole in the top of the septic tank that will prevent odors from escaping?
Any help, thanks Paul

Paul Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
GringoPhil

I'll let someone else answer as to whether dumping in a septic tank is OK. I don't see why not.

However, if you are using chemicals in your black tank, as many do, I would not want you dumping in my septic tank. The chemicals would kill off the natural bacteria that "process" the waste. If you do it, do it only au natural.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Ron Skeen

I have been dumping in my septic tank for the past 12 years. I do use chemicals in my motor coach holding tanks and have never experience any problem with my septic systems. My bus barn is right next to my house which the coach stay hook to full services from the house. I never dump at Flying J or other places and only use RV Parks and Home hook up. My son in law is in the port of pot business so I use a chemical that he uses with the portable Johns.
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote