Water pressure gone - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #1
Retired Phil

Default Water pressure gone

Took out the beast this past weekend..everything was going fine until shower time. My dw had just finished her shower and it was my turn. Halfway through my shower (pre soap/shower rinse) the water suddenly loses pressure!! I had no water coming out of the shower head. We checked the sink, no water coming out, we checked the fresh water tank it was still about halfway full!! Arrrrgh!! Has this happened to anyone else? Also is it rude to run your furnace through the night time? It gives out a little humming noise and I was wondering if that would be considered bad camping etiquette.

Phil

-Phil & Janice Wickham-
Retired Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
fulltiming

Phil, I presume since you mentioned checking the fresh water tank that you were not hooked up to city water at the time. If that is the case it is most likely that your water pump has failed. Depending on the age of your coach, it may have two 12 volt water pumps or a 12 volt and a 120 volt pump. My coach has a selector switch over the cooktop to choose which of the 2 water pumps is operating. If you have that switch, you might try changing the position of the 'pump select' switch and see if that solves the problem. You might also check to see if the filters are clogged but I find that unlikely that it would have failed in the manner you described from the filters.

As to the furnace issue, I would think it would depend on how close your neighbors were, the environment you are in, and what type of furnace you have. If I were out in a nature preserve and had a coach next to me, I might consider running my electric heaters to avoid disturbing them. Otherwise, I would run the furnace. If you have an AquaHot system, the noise of the system running is typically more than a little humming noise outside. My unit was spec'ed with twin Suburban propane furnaces that have a completely difference sound than the AquaHot or Primus systems.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote