Coach 688 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
afrench45

Default Coach 688

Does anybody know anything about the 04' on ebay?
Thanks, Andrew

afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
Richard and Rhonda

I don't know anything about the coach. I have met with Paul Davis three different times, and he struck me as one of the straighest shooters in the business. His business model is quite simple. No overhead, the place is not fancy. Buy coaches outright from owners who want to sell. Detail the coach, and sell it for a low but decent price. He isn't interested in trading all that much. He deals primarily in late nineties, early 2000 Prevosts.

I really like visiting with the guy, you should drive down and see him.

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
afrench45

Richard, I am glad to hear you say that. I have heard only good things about Paul and glad to hear another.
We have been using the coach more than ever lately, and I am thinking that a fourth slide may be nice....
Never hurts to look!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Neweller

I purchased my first Newell off Paul Davis in '02. His business is Mr. Olivers, he was originally an Oliver tractor wheeler dealer some years ago. My deal with him was off of ebay. I had spoken with him on the phone during the ebay listing period and he had told me the price he was willing to let the coach sell at, which made me very excited. When the bidding ended, I payed over double that price. I went to Texas to pick the coach up and I was very impressed with the Newell and overly excited about obtaining it, even though the great deal price disappeared at half of the final price.

Paul came across as a pretty genuine guy for the most part. They were finishing up some things on the coach and I got to stay in the coach a couple of days while I waited. I do wish this website was available and I would have done much more due-diligence than I had. After getting the coach home and throughout ownership of the coach, I found a few things covered up by paint and caulking, that was done at his shop.

So, my point is, no matter how genuine a seller may seem to be or actually is, make sure you do your homework and make the best deal possible. There are a lot of things to check out on a coach prior to purchase, do to them being a vehicle and a home. Which, can leave room for possible shenanigans on a sellers part, especially a dealer who needs to make a profit.

Ken W.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote