Hello Newell people from Newell newbies - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Bill & Sonja

Thumbs up Hello Newell people from Newell newbies

As Bill N.Y., the great host from Barthmobile.com has warned you I have shown up here at Classic Newell. We bought the beautiful 87 advertised here by the Klootwyk's of Benson AZ, two of the nicest and most accommodating people I have ever had the good fortune to meet.
I had a great introduction to the Newell while driving 1600 miles home to Calgary, Alberta. The coach was an absolute delight to drive and travel in, the quality and systems are amazing and we look forward to using the Newell a lot. Full time RVing is in our future.
I did have an issue with battery power which led to minor complications with the generator. I will be asking for help with that when I find the right place to plead for help.
I have lurked around here for quite some time and we are absolutely thrilled to now have a Newell and embark on this adventure.
Bill

Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #2
chockwald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Sonja View Post
...we are absolutely thrilled to now have a Newell and embark on this adventure.
Bill
We bought our 1982 Newell from a gentleman in the Palm Springs, CA area about a year and a half ago. When he purchased the 1982 from the original owner back in 2003 he took over 70 pages of notes while the original owner took him through the entire coach. He entitled the notes he took as "The Adventure Begins". Owning, using, and driving a Newell, no matter what vintage, is truly an adventure, and all of us will enjoy sharing that adventure with you and Sonja.

Most of us have experienced some battery issues from time to time, and there is no doubt that your issue has already been experienced and solved by someone here. Welcome to the Newell family!

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome to to gang. If you've been lurking then you know we absolutely love to help each other on these wonder rigs.

Fire away, with your questions.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
Bill & Sonja

Default thank you folks

we're really getting a great feeling about joining the newell gang. I've been busy trying to implement the great advice I've already received here but there is another question which come to mind. How do you deal with missing rivets without marring the great Newell look. I understand there are a couple of different products that will work but what seems to be the best way to handle this problem. I'll report back on my progress with the electrical challenges as soon as I make some significant progress. Thanks again to all.
Bill
Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
fulltiming

I have only had one rivet pop out during the past 3-1/2 years. I got a large aluminum pop rivet and replaced it. You need the cap cover to match the looks of the buck rivets that Newell used originally.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Newell.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote