Push latch - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
rheavn

Default Push latch

I have the same plastic push latches on the doors of my entertainment center inside the coach and on the first bay door on the passenger side. My experience is that any thing that is plastic & moves will break. One of the catches for the two latches on the first bay door on the passenger side broke. If any one else's break they are manufactured by RV Designer-Part #H315. Package includes 1 latch, a large & small catch and screws. NOTE: Newell uses the small catch. The only places I found them was Camping World & Amazon.Com although I'm sure they are sold elsewhere. I have seen just the catch sold separately, but it was always the bigger catch.

Hope this helps someone............................

Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
RussWhite

Hi Steve,

My last RV, a Holiday Rambler was absolutely chalked full of those push latches. I became pretty good at replacing them and even opening up the mechanism since it occasionally got in the latched position while the catch was not in place.
The guys at Newell referred to them as 5 lb and 10 lb catches. They use a 10 lb catch on the shade in the front of my salon slideout. It was broken when I bought the coach and was quite a job to get replaced, but I managed it and now I am very careful when putting that shade in the latched position. It is actually a pretty heavy ( isn't everything in a Newell ) shade and I am surprised that one catch holds it up - but so far so good. The 5 lb catch is the H315 and the 10 lb catch is the H316. I have attached a picture. Thanks for posting! Russ
Attached Images

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
rheavn

Hey Russ,
I never had looked to see what held that shade up. Sure enough another push latch--only mine uses the 5lb catch. Go figure!