Tag axle adjustment - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Major Mechanicals
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
Hardtrigger

Default Tag axle adjustment

Good evening in Newell land, hoping someone can help me with a question about adjusting the tag axle air pressure! In the passenger side of the engine compartment is three air gauges, two up high on the forward firewall and one lower about a foot off the floor. The manuel says to keep air pressure on the tag axle to 25lbs. and I would venture to guess the bottom gauge is the tag axle gauge and that is what scares me! When the air pressure builds this gauge goes up to 110lbs and has a brass dial on the side of it which reads max on opposing edges with arrows pointing in both directions which does not make sense! If I spin this dial clockwise the air pressure does not change. When I dial it counter clockwise air pressure kepps at 110lbs. I guess I have to ask; is this the correct gauge for tag axle air pressure for 25lbs. hope not showing 110lbs? And if so how do I get this to bleed down to 25lbs as the manuel ask for? I have a 1991 42ft. and any help would be highly appreciated for I am frustrated not being able to figure this out for the manuel does not say what the three gauges are for and how to adjust air pressur to tag axle. Thank you very much Robert
Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote