Anyone use LED lanterns? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Gimpy

Default Anyone use LED lanterns?

Anyone use a couple of LED lanterns for awning lights? I know, sounds too simply. I'm over the string of lights and cord hassle, and not interested in the stick-on LED or rope lights schemes for awnings. Wanted something that goes up or down quick.

I picked up a couple of those metal oil lanterns converted to LEDs, made in you know where. They look nice, but cheapo made. They put out just enough light for my taste. We will see how long the battery charge lasts.

So now I'm thinking is there a recommended lantern for this, maybe one with a rechargeable pack? I noticed Coleman has an LED that can be used with a pack.

Franco Filipovic

2001 Newell Coach

Detroit Series 60 HP 500

Allison 6 Speed HD4060
[TABLE="width: 260, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
GringoPhil

I use the six pack patio hanging solar lanterns from LOWES that are rechargeable. They have hooks on the top and just hang down from my awning supports. They usually last until 10PM or so every night and get recharged again during the day.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
1993Newell

Are you talking about something like these? Coleman LED String Lights - Walmart.com

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
MrE

Not sure what it takes to blow your skirt up, but these are 12v, water proof and you could mount a number of them under the awning on the coach and wire in a switch to run off your batteries. Utility & Compartment Light | LED Utility and Compartment Lighting | Boat/RV/Other LED Fixtures | Boat, RV, and Other Lighting | Super Bright LEDs
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote