delta faucet for shower for newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
encantotom

Default delta faucet for shower for newell

hi all,

the first morning of our current trip i went to take a shower and when i put the shower valve over to hot, as it got closer to the hot stop, the water shut off.

at least in mine and i believe several others have the same setup. the shower head bar that allows the shower head to slide up and down in height is an Alsons. it is very pricey, and i was able to obtain parts to rebuild mine.

the shower valve itself in mine is a Delta 1600 series Scald Guard faucet. single handle that will prevent scalding. up until 1995 or so the delta faucet used a separate scald guard valve that is beneath the round gold cover and is about and inch in diameter with several screw driver slots and a place to put a crescent wrench on. it is located between the center cartridge and the right hand shut off valve. you take it out and it has a slider with o rings that gets a little rusty and sticks and makes it so there is no hot water.

i am traveling with another fixit guy who is a general contractor and since we didnt have any wd 40, he used his wifes chapstick....

we cleaned it up, lubed it and put it back together and it was fine. the trick to know if it is stuck or not is if it is loose and slides when you take it out. it is a rod with o rings with holes in it that slides inside a larger hollowed out rod.

after 95 or so, the scald guard was put inside the cartridge.

for my model delta 1600 the stem unit (cartridge) is part number rp1991

and the pressure balance spool is rp574 (scald guard mixing valve) (cheapest price i found online is 45 bucks)

hope it helps someone sometime.

tom

faucet 1600 series

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote