Can I place 2 Xantrex Freedom Series 458 Inverters in a series - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Newellin Thunder

Default Can I place 2 Xantrex Freedom Series 458 Inverters in a series

When we purchased our Newell it had a Xantrex Freedom installed and I have the opportunity to buy one right now for a heck of a bargain and wanted to find out if anyone has placed two Xantrex Freedom 458 inverters side by side or in a series? I am looking for Ideas of how I can place the second inverter into the system.

Thanks,

Newellin Thunder

2005 Newell Thunder
Shakin the open road!
Newellin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
jwe648

Default Yes u can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newellin Thunder View Post
When we purchased our Newell it had a Xantrex Freedom installed and I have the opportunity to buy one right now for a heck of a bargain and wanted to find out if anyone has placed two Xantrex Freedom 458 inverters side by side or in a series? I am looking for Ideas of how I can place the second inverter into the system.

Thanks,

Newellin Thunder
I

The answer is yes. The 458 I have listed on ths site came out of a dual setup. And your correct. It is a deal.

Jimmy

Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
The Newell

Hi Ernest,

Yes you can stack inverters. The second generation 2000 watt model has been completely redesigned to include many of the same great features found in its high power counterpart.A key feature enhancement is ‘Generator Support Mode’ which enables the Freedom SW to supplement a generatorš when AC loads exceed the generator’s capacity. The new generation models also feature improved AC transfer/AC input detection time, providing the ability to transfer AC loads to batteries in less than 10 milliseconds when the incoming grid or generator power is lost. Connected loads are almost unable to feel the power transition due to this quick transfer time. Both models are approved to UL458 with marine supplement, CSA, ABYC and FCC, Class B requirements.

NEW - PARALLEL AND SERIES STACKING

Parallel stacking enables the Freedom SW inverter/chargers to double the AC output in inverter mode. Series stacking enables the Freedom SW inverter/chargers to generate 120/240 V split phase output˛

˛ AC source must be split phase, requires Stacking Cable (part# 808-9005)

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote