Anyone heard of the TAGG The Pet Tracker GPS? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Wheeler

Question Anyone heard of the TAGG The Pet Tracker GPS?

Here's our story we had a great trip as usual, but it was time for us to get back to the real world. We had the coach all packed up and ready to go home. I went out to do a departure walk around the coach and I let our Rat Terrier Joey out (without a leash) because he never takes off and I thought I would let him take another quick potty before we headed home.

Anyway, this is where the story turns bad! Next thing I know he must have saw some critter and took off running! I called after him and called after him he didn't return. So I told the wife and we both went walking in the direction I saw him run off in. We walked and called for a good hour or more and nothing. My wife was so upset and that just made it worse on me. We were a terrible mess because Joey is our traveling pal. We waited for another hour and he still hadn't returned. We ended up staying another night because we hoped he would return by morning. Of course the wife didn't get any sleep, she was so worried she tossed and turned all night and with her tossing and turning all night made it a horrible restless night for the both of us! All over darn Joey running off! He's never done that to use before so I was really shocked.

If you guess he returned the next morning, you guessed right! He was wet, dirty and looked wore out! We gave him a bath and got ready to check out again. This time I didn't worry about letting him go out for a potty before we started our trip back home. And if I had I would make sure this time to have him on his leash. After his bath he was passed out on his dog bed and slept the whole trip back home! We never did sit down and discuss with him, his bad choice of running off and making us worry all night long! We have had to many of those talks when our children were teenagers. I don't want to relive those memories...

I did some searching and found this TAGG The Pet Tracker GPS Advanced Dog GPS Tracking Systems | Tagg the Pet Tracker
and wondered if any others have heard of it or use it? They said it works for cats too. It text messages you if your pet leaves an area you have set up. Or you can go online and it will show you exactly where your pet is. It looks like are really good system.

I would really like to know what others opinions are on it. If there is something better you know about please tell us. My brother had the nerve to tell me to just leave Joey at home next time and have him go to a kennel. Joey is apart of our family so that won't be happening! We just want a piece of mind when we take our next trip.

Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
Neweller

Wheeler, that TAGG Pet Tracker sounds like a dynamite product. The manufacturer is the same company who makes the Qualcomm mobilizing trackers and message

center data technologies used on thousands of semi-trucks around the country. I'm sure the product works really well and I would consider trying one out on our

youngest girl Jack Russell. Sorry to hear about your trouble with your dog. I don't think you are the only ones whom have found themselves it a similar situation. My older

Jack, was a problem for the first three years, now he is 8 human years and 52 dog years. Actually we just celebrated his birthday the other day with party hats, custard

ice cream cake and the whole nine yards. He was a pretty happy boy. It was like he knew his birthday was near for half the week...

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
NEWELLWIZARD

The Tagg pet tracker is the only one of it's kind on the market that I know of. I think it's a great recommendation for those who travel with a pet. If you are concerned with him Joey running off and need to track him this tacker will keep you one step ahead of him to go right to where he is.
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
folivier

Hmmm. wish I had that when my boys were teens.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
Hugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
Hmmm. wish I had that when my boys were teens.
Forest, that's why I'm glad I had girls!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
MrE

Looking through ads in our Sunday paper, saw this for $79.99, $20.00 off at Staples. That was easy.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Randy J

Savings is good! Can someone get this coupon online?

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
MrE

It wasn't a coupon, just part of their weekly ad. Looks like their ads are based on location so they won't be the same everywhere. Hopefully I didn't steer everyone wrong with a price good only in Boise Idaho. Try going to Huntington Park Staples Weekly Ad, on page 4 here.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
CAPTWatson

Heard good things about this product. Did you end up getting it for you dog?

CAPTWatson is offline   Reply With Quote