Solenoid valves - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #21
GORDON HUMMEL

Click image for larger version

Name:	img020.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	3956

The above diagram is for my rear 6 pack leveling hose plumbing.
This is as purchased.

1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #22
rellick

Gordon, with your coach being the same year as cdat, it probably is plumbed the same, the only switch my tag has is just air dump, seems like they have the tag independent from the drive until it is switched to levelling. If you back the regulator off all the way the levelling doesnt work and the tag wont get air, I didnt go into depth of how it is plumbed. This is great info!! Thanks for posting

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #23
GORDON HUMMEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellick View Post
Gordon, with your coach being the same year as cdat, it probably is plumbed the same, the only switch my tag has is just air dump, seems like they have the tag independent from the drive until it is switched to levelling. If you back the regulator off all the way the levelling doesnt work and the tag wont get air, I didnt go into depth of how it is plumbed. This is great info!! Thanks for posting
Keith,
The only switch my tag has is just the air dump, same as yours. On mine, you can raise the tag by activating the L/REAR or R/REAR or MASTER up switches. This is possible because my tag 6 pack raise solonoids get line pressure air.
On my original setup there was no way to individually lower the tag sides. The wire (red) that comes from the dash tag switch went directly to the 2 tag exhaust solonoids. that was it.

As I have been told, the tag switch was installed because some state had an issue with the weight that was being carried. To work around that issue, the switch was installed so that it could be activated to get the coach legal!

If you are trying to level your coach with air going through the tag regulator, make sure you are getting line pressure to that regulator. Mine has a tag supply solonoid that is activated by the travel wire(orange). My ignition must be on to activate this solonoid. ie, if you are trying to raise the tag that could be supplied through the tag solonoid, & you don't have the key on, you won't have any air!

Good luck
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #24
rellick

Ill check it out Gordon, Thanks
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #25
JustDustin

Solonoid valves control the air leveling systems so over time they weaken and eventually they fail. The Newell Coach Factory suggests replacement of the mode valve every few years, and the other valves on an as needed basis. Glad you got the leaks fixed.

JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote