1985 newell liquid reservoir - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
brian Sullivan

Arrow 1985 newell liquid reservoir

I have just purchased my first Newell and started my learning curve , would appreciate info on reservoir (approx. 1 gal.) located in rear drivers side engine compartment above the Brakemaster air cooler, have not checked fluid contents yet? Brian sullivan

brian Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
rheavn

Brian,
I'm not familiar with your coach, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum! There will be several people who will be able to help you on your coach questions.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
2dogs

Brian, On ours it is the power steering reservoir ,Brian
87 Newell Tag 40'-8v92TA-HT740 #139
2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Hardtrigger

Brian welcome to a very helpful forum, these guys here are knowledable and caring! Have helped me beyond any other forum on the World Wide Web. Anyhows if it's round resevoir with a twist on center cap it should be your power steering resevoir. Be very careful when you take the top off for it has a very thin rubber seal that fits between the lid and the resevoir that likes to fall into the power steering fluid bath and has been known to get pulled into the pump supply line and create issues with the fluid being cut off to the pump such as mine and a couple that the Newell garage has found. May not happen but tends to and giving you a heads up. Rob
Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
busnut

Or it could be your extra oil supply tank. If you have an air line coming into the top and a sight tube on the side it is engine oil storage. With this you can add oil to the engine with out opening a can of oil.
'93 43.5' #318
busnut is offline   Reply With Quote