I would love it if Newell Coach would make a roof deck available - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Thomas Lago

Default I would love it if Newell Coach would make a roof deck available

I have yet to see a Newell with a roof deck option. Something with access from the inside. A couple of others I've spoken with would love the option too.

Anyone else feel the same way? Roof Deck, Roof Deck, Where Oh Where is my Roof Deck! ha ha!

Thomas Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
express1

There was one that had entrance from inside...

if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Neweller

Thomas, that makes two of us as I have not seen any built by the factory. Now, that is not saying Newell Coach did or did not build any. I have seen a home made edition done by an owner on top of the existing roof which would be a little scary if he did not do some reinforcements.

Matt (express1), you know of one or officially seen it? It would be cool to know what coach number it is, if anyone knows.

I have seen a couple Featherlite Prevost Conversions with an inside roof access to a top deck. There are plenty of other bus conversions with the option.

With Newell Coach building all its upper super structure with aluminum, they would have to go with some different structural changes wherever the roof deck would be, and this would add weight to the unit, and in order to keep from getting too heavy, I think weight would have to be reduced somewhere else. Just my personal presumption on it.

I'm sure someone from Newell could address the question for us.

Great question, thanks for sharing on the subject.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Gax

That is really interesting to me... I would have thought a roof deck could be a common option on a Newell motorhome with the relationship the company has with Nascar and Indy racing.
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Jimg

Express1 is correct it was built in 2005 and there are several race teams with observation platforms. The newest was put on within the last year.
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote