black book value on a newell coach? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Maxwell55

Default black book value on a newell coach?

i know i have read there is no nada blue book value on newell coaches. is there a black book value that dealers go by for selling a newell?

Maxwell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
MrE

Neweller pretty well summed it up in this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Ebay on its current course seems to run about 10-25% below true market value on these larger luxury items. This coach probably should have brought a tad more and the asking price is way the heck off in my opinion. But that's a dealer and he may be consigning it for someone or maybe does not understand the market as most dealers do not when there's not a book to valuate for these coaches. Sometimes a dealer will just pull a price from the sky to get a feel for a particular market while also considering the possibility of taking in an over valued trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post

Together we will really start discovering the values of Newell Coaches around here. Personally I have really studied the values on these Newell's for a good 10 years now and it is really hard to valuate something like a Newell for most people when there is no blue (black or NADA) book like many of the other motorhomes or luxury coaches out there. I believe most existing owners do not really about care about pricing until they are ready to sell and then sometimes they have to come to grips with it.

Because we are the major voice in the Newell community, we will set that pace or I guess reality as to values won't we. Dealers can't even get it right or close sometimes, as the easy money or as reasonable financing options are not out there like it was for a number of years.

I think back about 10 years ago to my first Newell and prices though are comparable by age and value as they appear today, and are not holding with inflation, but are a lot of things?

There are a couple of us around here that have kind of conjured up ways to coming up with a better value estimator and can get rather close on the true value but the learning curve is continuous and long.

How many times have you seen someone start out a luxury coach price at $300,000 and end up at around $150,000? I see this example quite often. I can pretty much tell what the fair market value should be on a given coach to make it go away in a reasonable time. There is always that possible stretch, but then sometimes that will kill you in the end. Now, if we are dreaming on a economic recovery anytime soon, that in itself is another story.

Because of the internet, Luxury Coaches seem to follow a similar marketing trend as real estate, of course when you take the demographics out of it.

People need to remember if it matters that a luxury coach is exactly that, a luxury item. Because there always seems to be enough wealth; and while dealing with a well rounded smart company like Newell Coach, knowing how many coaches they will need to build throughout a given year, they can demand that luxury price tag. And just with like BMW's, Mercedes, Jaguar, Exotic Cars and so forth, they become the next person's bargain. Especially if they were well taken care of.

What does that do for all of us, well, it leaves one great opportunity to sport around in luxury on a dime compared to the original owner or company that needs those write-offs. So, Yahoo own a Newell!

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Maxwell55

Thanks MrE and Neweller for the insight I was thinking this is just strange how does one value these coaches? I think I have a better understanding now. Thanks again.
Maxwell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
bigcatwally

Maxwell you had a very good question and one that has been asked many times. As a Classic car collector I even had a hard time determining or shall I say coming to terms with a price or guideline when purchasing a Newell. With classic cars it's a bit easier you have brand, condition, age, mileage, color, classic or custom to go by. Then there are also some great guides out there that help one along in the purchase process. Purchasing a Newell Coach and determining the price is in a league of it's own. Although it is confusing at first you will find as you continue to search for the prefect coach you will see there is room on the bargaining table all depending on who is selling the coach, it's age and condition do come into play but it really depends on the selling price and what someone wants to let their coach go for. You will find pricing all over the place because like Neweller stated these coaches are a luxury coach and I truly believe the pricing is determined by us the owners. Hope I could help clear up somethings without making it too confusing.

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote