wash and wax your newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Will Procter

Default wash and wax your newell

I'm wondering what product's others are using to wax their Newells? And what is the best way to go about doing it? I found an RV wash that does a wash and spray on wax for $2.00/ft. I'm wondering if this stuff is any good, or if I should do it myself?

Detroit 60 Series 515 HP Engine

Some people call me the Space Cowboy
Will Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
larryweikart

I've had my coach waxed many times thru the years but I have always hand waxed it myself every 2nd year. I use only Ibiz products and it is time consuming but the product takes the heavy rubbing out of the job. They also make a great product for polishing the wheels.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
prairieschooner

I use a California Duster and a Waterless Cleaner in between washings. Last month I just stopped on the side of the road and hose it off. When we got to the campground I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and began to give her a shine. I use Mother's Aluminum Polish with their Power Ball on a Drill for the Wheels. I have only paid someone to wash our coach twice.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
MiracleJ

Will,

I would look at what my time's worth, and how long it would take me to do it vs. paying to have it done (zero chances of me falling off a ladder).

If the cost equates to, for example, $10 an hour if I did it myself, there's no way I'm going to do it. For 10 bucks, an hour, there are many more entertaining things I'd rather do.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
MrE

I always thought it would be fun to pull in where a group of kids were doing a fundraiser car wash.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
I always thought it would be fun to pull in where a group of kids were doing a fundraiser car wash.
Depending on what you are willing to pay, the kids would probably be glad to wash the coach for a hefty donation! Hey, they might even make all they need to raise by washing you coach alone!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
afrench45

Indio California, the white truck (forget the company) that drives around motorcoach country club, hand wash wax and polish wheels for $300. I have it done every time I go out there, it looks better than new.
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #8
Neweller

I'm thinking Manny's has a white truck. I had them do one of my Newell's up once upon a time down in Indio (Coachella Valley). They did an awesome job. If the money clip is full throwing down 3 bills is not a problem.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
1993Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
I use a California Duster and a Waterless Cleaner in between washings. Last month I just stopped on the side of the road and hose it off. When we got to the campground I used Meguiar's Cleaner Wax and began to give her a shine. I use Mother's Aluminum Polish with their Power Ball on a Drill for the Wheels. I have only paid someone to wash our coach twice.
I have heard of waterless cleaners being used on automobiles. Does it come out okay? Cost wise to do something as large as the Newell Coach? What brand would you recommend for something like this?

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #10
Neweller

Andrew, whether or not you are speaking about Mannys, I'm provided the link Here:Manny's RV Wash and Wax These boys will travel pretty much all over the Inland Empire and even into the LA basin and give your coach a whirl of a job!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
prairieschooner

I am using Meguiar's Waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere when it has road film.
My Money Clip does not get full enough to drop $300 for a wash and wax. I enjoy doing my own maintenance, now when I don't want to use a ladder anymore this will be another story but by then we will most likely be anchored somewhere.

PS I don't want someone using a Polisher on our coach. I am very cautious about the raised surfaces and the rivets and the paint being worn thin in those areas.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
FJGuard

If anything it's a good work out right Steve?
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
speedingsport

Quote:
I am using Meguiar's Waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere when it has road film.
My Money Clip does not get full enough to drop $300 for a wash and wax. I enjoy doing my own maintenance, now when I don't want to use a ladder anymore this will be another story but by then we will most likely be anchored somewhere.

PS I don't want someone using a Polisher on our coach. I am very cautious about the raised surfaces and the rivets and the paint being worn thin in those areas.
Steve, how many bottles does it take?
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
folivier

"Steve, how many bottles does it take?"

Beer or wax????
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #15
speedingsport

Forest, I was talking wax.

But Steve can tell us how many beers it takes to get the job done!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
1993Newell

Quote:

Meguiar's Waterless Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere

Thanks for the brand info. How much do you use? Is it concentrated stuff? How are you applying it to the coach?

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #17
speedingsport

I want to try this stuff out I found online. Waterless Wash System by Chemical Guys.

Waterless Detailing Waterless Wash System

It comes in concentrate 1 gallon makes 8 gallons so I would imagine it would last a while.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

If you do it yourself you will save money. I find that if you wash the coach in the shade it helps. 1) you won't sweat too much 2) the sun shining down quickens the drying time and it makes cleaning agents and waxing much more difficult.

speedingsport if you end up getting some of that waterless wash system be sure to come back and let us know how well it works.