I'm in a strange pickle. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Capnted

Default I'm in a strange pickle.

I'm in a strange pickle. you have been of great help in the past. Maybe someone has an idea for me t pursue.

I sold my '76 on eBay in December, 2011 & was paid in full via bank transfer. The buyer has never picked up the motorhome & isn't responding to email or phone message.

You may think--wow--he's got the money and the motorhome. What's he complaining about?

I've been storing, insuring, maintaining, and licensing (because I have to move it) it for more than 8 months. it's still in my name. If it gets damaged, stolen--or if it breaks down--am I responsible?

What if he's dead?

I've spent the afternoon trying to find out if eBay can help--if the buyer's still under Buyer Protection. They want no part of it. Since the deal is more than 6 months old, the transaction and the buyer's account are gone from eBay. I can't even submit a case to the Resolution Center because it requires both a valid item number and account id to submit the form. I tried to get an address so I could submit a letter to prove i tried--but they wouldn't give me one.

I've just been given notice that i have to move the coach. I can't find anywhere cheap--except free where it will be pretty unprotected.

What if he's dead? What if he shows up after a year and I've resold the coach? I could relist it & keep the proceeds is escrow--but what if it's less than the amount he paid me?

The cost of storage, insurance, licensing and maint--probably a new battery to move it since it's been a while--is really starting to hurt. Getting a legal opinion will likely cost another $1000.

It's a quandary. Any suggestions?

TIA

Ted
Florida

'83 Newell with Cummins turbo. :tongue:
(Sold)

Bought a house in Florida. :bored:
Capnted is offline   Reply With Quote