love my newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Fritzthecat

Default love my newell

Howdy folks. Let me start of with my name is Fritz, I live in Winthrop Washington. Im aa retired commercial fisherman that is now ready to see the land side of the world. The Newell I bought is a 1980 that was on Ebay. Im a single father of a 12 year old so her and I plan on living in the coach for the summers. My dad started rving after ww2 (he was a machinist with boeing for 20 years) so he built his first motorhome in 54 and ever since we had a motor home. So over the course of the years ive seen them all lol. None of them compare. With the way these are built I can forsee my grandchildren using this for there familys lol. If any of you get this way drop a note I can show you around the great Methow Valley (im semi retarded or is it retired lol)
Fritzthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
chockwald

Hey Fritz....we're going to be visiting my sister in Spokane for Thanksgiving (in our Newell)....maybe we can hook up after Thanksgiving. Our plans were originally to head over to Whidbey Island after Thanksgiving to visit some old friends, but they will be in Pennsylvania during that time. After that we were going to head over to the Olympic Peninsula and down 101 and through Oregon. Would love to see the Methow Valley.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
fulltiming

Welcome to the world of Newells. I hope you and you family have many wonderful years of pleasure with your new coach. Keep us up to date on your experiences, ask any questions you might have and add information that you come across that might help owners of similar Newells.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome Fritz

Lots of new owners this month. Nothing like getting your rig the way you want it
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
blakestar

Hi Fritz, this is Blake; we meet at the KOA in Winthrop with our 1979 Newell, Welcome!

For those that don’t know, its funny how this worked (I will try to keep it short). My wife hesitated for three weeks to show me the motor home she found online, once she did, I fell in love and immediately made an appt. to see it. I decided to sleep on the decision overnight, the next afternoon I decided that 80 Newell was the one, I called the seller and he stated there was a gentlemen about 5 minutes away coming from Winthrop. I waited a couple of hours and called the seller to see if it had sold, my heart sank, it was gone!! I was convinced I would never find another....

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I find one in AZ, pictures look good, grab a cashier’s check and fly down. Too much rot for my likings. Found another while we are their in AZ advertised at Camping World in Mesa, it too is sold when we stop by. My brother and I are about ready to fly back home when I get a call from my wife she found one that just listed on the newellclassic.com classifieds in Oklahoma, she forwards me photos and I am stunned, it looks exactly like the one in Seattle, only the stripe is brown. We fly out and drive it home.

We decide to take the family camping in Winthrop, a few hours away. While we are camping, Fritz pulls into the KOA thinking maybe someone stole his coach. It was great to meet him and I was excited to see his enthusiasm for Newell's as well!

The Newell god’s were smiling on all of us….

Chockwald; I am located in Lynden, WA. Right along the Canadian border, above Bellingham. Feel free to call if you want to come up this way as well. The Lynden KOA is a highly rated campground:
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
chockwald

We will definitely be in contact. We visited Bellingham back in the mid 90's. It is really a charmingly "funky" town! I have actually heard of Lynden before....look forward to meeting you, your wife, and your coach! I'll PM you with my contact information, and you can send me yours.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote