Still tripping - Page 3 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 AM   #41
zcasa

Ok, so we are now 830 miles outside of Denver in the Quad Cities. We will be in Grand Rapids tomorrow. Today, we toured the Hoover Presidential Museum and tomorrow we will tour the Ford Presidential Museum. We will then proceed for three/four days in Bay Harbor, MI, a Signature resort and they give you two days free. We will tour Makinaw(sp) Island and then head over to Vermont via Canada. We are staying in Burlington, Lake Champlain area for 4/5 days. Hey Matt, where will you be??? We will probably be within a few hundred miles and one never knows, we are starving for some Gumbo. NO interesting pictures, yet, Clarke, unless you want to see me driving. We left Denver at noon yesterday. All's well, except tow car battery dead. I'll figure that one out. Hope Tom made it back well and is resting. Have a good evening everyone.

David

zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #42
chockwald

Well, David, we will be living vicariously through your adventures for the next 8 weeks anyway.....we'll be leaving on our next long trip the middle of November.....3 weeks in the Pacific Northwest, and down the Washington, Oregon and California coasts. Looking forward to some great pictures.....the pressure is on....LOL!!! Safe travels to you and Denise....looking forward to hooking up with you next Spring for some "California Dreamin'".

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:28 AM   #43
encantotom

david, it sure sounds fun. thanks for asking if i got home ok. i got home saturday nite. went to bed at midnite and got up at 3am. the glamour of mega business travel.

i cant wait for the weather to cool down so i can get to work on my list of projects. now that gordon has done the door, it makes me want to take that wallpapered panel off so i can cover it with upholstery material.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #44
express1

Default and "still trippin"

Yea, we are still out here. However we have pointed south, and I have check the distance home. We have discovered the place we would like to stay! Hilton Head,@ the Outdoor Resorts Motorcoach park... This is the best place of all. although we have not see all of them....This is the place for us...The town, beach, food, weather. So with that said, if Tom will send his Credit Card we can stay and fix anything that comes up.....
In the past 2 months we have many tales to share......
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #45
chockwald

We look forward to hearing the tales.....seems like it has been longer than 2 months, but you're right...it has been almost exactly 2 months since we all departed Creede! I've heard many great things about Hilton Head......
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 10-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #46
encantotom

hey matt, now that it has cooled off in az, you ought to come spend some time here and hang out with us....

tom and darlene

Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #47
express1

Funny you should say that, we don't normally make distant plans, but that offer sound pretty good.....

I would like to be in Southern California in January, Reno around March or April...
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #48
zcasa

Pushing further into Maine today. We must be stubborn to stick out the cold, rainy, blustery weather, but the leaves here in NH have been wonderful. We want to see some of the Maine coastline and then we will begin chasing Matt and Connie, although, we will still be around Cape Cod, Albany, NY and Gettysburg for the next 18 days. One good thing that we have found out is that the furnaces work great. We will never complain about hot and dry weather again.

David and Denise
Old 10-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #49
zcasa

Pushing further into Maine today. We must be stubborn to stick out the cold, rainy, blustery weather, but the leaves here in NH have been wonderful. We want to see some of the Maine coastline and then we will begin chasing Matt and Connie, although, we will still be around Cape Cod, Albany, NY and Gettysburg for the next 18 days. One good thing that we have found out is that the furnaces work great. We will never complain about hot and dry weather again.

David and Denise
Old 10-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #50
chockwald

I really like waking up during the night and hearing the rain on the Newell roof, but after a few days I think I might get cabin fever. What's the forecast? Hope it will clear up a little for you. Nevertheless, nothing like a good furnace....is this the first time you've had occasion to use them?
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 10-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #51
express1

Default rain

David, the rain was to much for us....Connie already has web feet... We had to move...If your travel brings you near Old Forge, you might check it out....
We had the entire KOA to ourselves.
We are now in Hilton Head Outdoors Resort....
This is the Best Place EVER!!!!(for us) Beach bike riding, shopping, food, golf, shopping, weather, shopping, and friendly people.
Did I say shopping?
One good thing about this area is that there are NO ROCKS!

When we do leave here, we may make one more stop....
Foley, Fairhope, Alabama.
There is the Marriott Grand Hotel.
We have stayed there often. One of the best Spa Hotels around....
I may need to rest for awhile.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #52
encantotom

hi matt,

the weather here in mesa is fabulous in the winter. you would love it.

lots of nice places to stay, although you are always welcome to park in from of my house.

several of the guys have stayed at a really nice rv park that is less than a mile from my house.

we would guarantee a good time. ask any of the gang who have come and hung out with us, michael, clarke, wally, david, jim.

later

tom

Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #53
zcasa

Well, pretty hard rain, we detoured to Kennebunkport and are staying just south of there. Checked out George and Barbara's pad today. Nice digs. Weather forecast is more of the same tomorrow but sunny Mon and Tu. So, we will hang here and then head to Cape Cod for a time. We have plans to be in Hilton Head as well, but late Oct. Sounds like a very good time. Matt, staying at Tom's is the best. His tour of the mansion is a must, Darlene's homemade pizza is a must, Heather playing the grand piano and singing is a must, and chasing Missy around is way fun. Good times and great memories for sure. Safe travels to all. Clarke, yeah, I had found the furnaces a time or two before, but they have never had to run this much. This has been a very wet summer and early fall in the NE. We are meeting my sister in Cape Cod, my parents in Gettysburg and Denise has two days of work in Albany, otherwise, I'd be right next to Matt and Connie for sure.

Have a good day everyone.

David
Old 10-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #54
Richard and Rhonda

Matt,

Being a South Carolina boy to the core. If you have time take the toad and take Connie into Charleston.

Plus a day trip to downtown Beaufort. Say Bewfort, not Bo fort. It is the essence of the Carolina low country. I am so jealous, I love that part of my home state.

Pick up a couple of Pat Conroy books while there, he nails the essence of what honor means to a southern male. Beach Music, Prince of Tides are some of the better titles.

Learn to shag (it's a dance, not the Brit definition) while there at the SC beach.

Man, you got me jonesin for the coast.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #55
express1

Richard, as thing are great here. We went to Beaufort today for the shrimp festival. Also we went to Hunting Island then snuck into Tripp Island .....we posed as someone important..... (turned around at the gate) This place has the feel of south louisiana without negative inputs. This place Hilton Head Island is still tops on our list..... We are going to Savannah soon... after football games.... its only 45min. from Outdoor Resorts.
Sorry, but I'm just not a dancer!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #56
Richard and Rhonda

If you went to Fripp you had to go through Frogmore, one of the more interesting names for places I think. Google a recipe for Frogmore Stew, and you'll find a very Cajun style dish.

Spent MANY summer vacations with my kids and their grandparents on Fripp. I am glad you are enjoying my home state.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #57
zcasa

Hey Richard, thanks for the tips on SC. We will be there the last week or so of October. We have reservations at the Beauford State Park for a few days. Guess it is only 10 minutes or so into downtown Charleston. I ran the marathon at Kiawah Island and found Charleston to be quite the city to explore. After reading yours and Matt's postings, we can't wait to see Beauford and the other areas that you guys are mentioning. Thanks for getting us excited about that area. Have a good day.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #58
express1

Default Last Leg of "Trippin"

Not that we want to, but we are leaving Hilton Head Island on Thursday. We will go down to Jacksonville and decide at that point if we go South or West towards home.....Most likely West. We will have two stops if we go west. There is a newer place in Foley, Al. It sounds Ok, but no Outdoor Resort.
Bella something..... We will also stay somewhere near Jacksonville. Any good Ideas?
Hilton Head Island would be a great way to end 9+ weeks of travel....
David, are you going to check out Hilton Head? or have you stayed at Outdoor
Resort before?
Its nice to have several Prevost owner coming over to check out our Purple Newell.... on more than one occasion Prevost owner have said "we thought about buying a Newell but resale seems hard to work with other dealers"
Safe Travels to All,
matt & connie
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #59
fulltiming

The only question is a why a Newell owner would want to trade for anything other than another Newell?
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #60
express1

That Is Fact!