94 newell 357 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
ultcla

Default 94 newell 357

hello out there i own the 1994 newell in the classic section listed july 7 2005 - dec 22 2005 am looking for the past owner for info regarding the coach manuels our whatever help i can get thanks newellies

ultcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:46 AM   #2
encantotom

welcome,

manuals are quite individual and were put together for each coach. michael day has his located here for download.... http://tinyurl.com/38qo4m

his is a 1992.

mine is fairly similar.

the manual is not likely to satisfy you very much on learning about things. it is quite basic, though useful for sure.

ask questions and we will all do what we can to help you.

how long have you had your coach?

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
ultcla

Cool 94 357

thanks tom i did aquire the manual like you showed from newell but i was hoping someone in the past ownership would still have the original manuals being they are not available through newell. i also will have questions through out being i'v only owned it a couple of months one question does anyone know about brightning the guages for night driving very hard to see also looking for the original electric shades at windshield and front side windows thanks
ultcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
encantotom

howdy,

not sure what else you are trying to get for manuals. there is the typewritten one that is similar to the one you said you already have. it is a basic how to use coach stuff, but not a ton of detail.

the rest of the "manuals" that i have are a collection of users manuals for the collection of items in the coach. i have augmented them by creating a few more binders of the things i have put in.

the things that are in mine are the axles, air brake, fridge, icemaker, tires, wheels, air filter, antenna, etc. for many things i went and found the manuals for myself. so other than what you sound like you have, the rest are just brochures on things.

the real manual is what you learn yourself and from others. my wife keeps telling me i need to write things down so someone else other than me could actually know how to use everything in the coach.

i am sure others will pipe in with their opinions.....

as for the gauges, i had the same comments. what i did was to take off the red bulb covers on the bulbs in the gauges, and it does make them a little brighter, but they are not very bright i will agree. i did replace a number of the bulbs, but it didnt really help.

it makes me wonder about measuring the voltage at the bulbs and see if it is high enough.

btw, the headlights stink too....but there is a fix for that. several have done it and i am going to this winter season.

as for the shades, mine didnt have electric ones stock. the previous owner installed some for the front windshield. i would not worry about finding original ones as most wouldnt be available from this long ago. if you want some, then find some that fit and work.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
fulltiming

ultcla, as Tom explained, originally, there was the Newell Manual and a couple of three-ring binders with the instruction manuals for the specific appliances and accessory with which the specific coach was equipped.

If there are some specific instruction manuals you are looking for, let us know and we will see if we have them and can scan them.

Do you have red illumination for the gauges on the dash? Mine has red covers on the small bulbs which look nice but do reduce the back lighting somewhat. I thought about removing them but what the heck, out on the interstate at night it works.

I have manual shades on the windshield and front sides. Two years ago I checked with Newell, the windshield and front side shades being used more recently were made by Automotion Shade, Markam, Ontario, Canada. At that time, the windshield (46 1/2" x 39") were $427.98 EACH, passenger side window was $425.05, drivers side window was $408.26. Prices have likely increased.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
ABnormal

Default Dash Lighting

Guys,

I too had difficulty seeing the gauges on the dash while driving at night. I found a potential solution by buying a map light that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I also ordered a red bulb to replace the clear bulb that comes with the unit.

I used it last weekend and found that the plug tends to swivel in the lighter and causes the light to drop downward toward the bottom of the dash. I solved this by adjusting the light to the full downward position and then swiveling the head forward illuminating the entire dash. Worked out just fine that way. With the red bulb, it did not affect my ability to see the road.

The map light is made by Sho Me products in Cassville, Mo. and I purchased mine for $24.95 from OMB Express (police supply) in Lenexa, Ks. The red bulb was extra.

http://www.ombexpress.com/product~sku~VE052.asp

Hope that helps.

Larry P.

ABnormal is offline   Reply With Quote