Toilet cleaners? What - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
FJGuard

Default Toilet cleaners? What

What's safe?

In reply to the post Tuga made about being careful not to pour Clorox bleach directly in the toilet because it can be damaging to the rubber. (This was to kill bacteria and the smell in the tank.) By the way, thanks Tuga for the heads up.

But this brought a good question to mind, What chemicals do you use to clean your toilet? What is safe?

FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
lbrachfe

I use Clorox Gel Toilet cleaner with bleach and it works great. I scrub and flush right away as I am afraid to let it sit and dry the rubber ring. Have been using for years on several coaches and never a problem. When it sits in the tank for a day or two it removes any odor too.Wipe down the whole inside with fresh water after cleaning including the port and ring.

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Hugo

We use Thetford Aqua-Clean Kitchen & Bath Cleaner you can buy it at Camping World or online from amazon THETFORD CORP 03610 AQUA CLEAN QT. It's safe and cleans well. We use it on the counter tops, sinks, shower and toilet. They even advertise it as save for seals. Plus it's biodegradable.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
Randy J

A frind of ours told us about this sanitation equipment liquid gold bowl cleaner. It seems to be doing the trick.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
FJGuard

Thanks for the heads up. Larry my wife uses the Clorox Gel Toilet cleaner at home and she said that's what she's been using in the Newell. So maybe we were okay after all? I told her what you said about scrubbing and not letting it sit to long to prevent damage to the rubber ring.
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
1993Newell

RV-Trine toilet bowl and bathroom cleaner works good for us.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
The Newell

I know a few full-timers that use ecoforce toilet bowl cleaner and comes in a 24 ounce bottle.

Removes soap scum & hard water deposits. Will not scratch or stain plastic.

Toilet bowl and bath cleaner 24 ounce cleaner

Bacteria and Enzymes make up Mother Nature´s way of safely breaking down and cleaning the environment of dead organic material. Enzymes jump start the system by quickly breaking down organic matter so that the bacteria can then begin the process of digesting the waste until it´s gone.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote