New Newell Owner - sort of - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
RayLove

Default New Newell Owner - sort of

Hello,

My wife Laurie and I are now the owners of her parents 1996 Newell. They recentley passed away and we handling estate business, including dispositon of the coach. Just wondering if anyone here knew Jackie and Tom Miller from various Newell events or rallies.

We will probably sell it, but not sure when. Parenting a young child and full time careers just doesn't sync with the RV lifestyle (yet!). Though we always enjoyed when we could tag along or meet them in Indio or Oregon.

Attached is a picture of their coach that some of you might remember.

- Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1996Newell.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	234  

RayLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
express1

Default Sorry for your loss.

If you are serious about selling soon please contact me with info about coach.
I will be shopping next week. (buying) I am looking at a 96 model.

express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
encantotom

Beautiful coach. they must have really loved it to have the van painted to have a swoosh like the coach.

we had our first coach when our 4 kids were small and they have great memories of it. (all grown now)

if you decide to sell it, like you have found out, you will likely find people interested here on this site.

thanks for sharing,

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
RayLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by express1 View Post
If you are serious about selling soon please contact me with info about coach.
I will be shopping next week. (buying) I am looking at a 96 model.
Check your private messages for my contact information.

- Ray
Old 06-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
RayLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
Beautiful coach. they must have really loved it to have the van painted to have a swoosh like the coach.

we had our first coach when our 4 kids were small and they have great memories of it. (all grown now)

if you decide to sell it, like you have found out, you will likely find people interested here on this site.

thanks for sharing,

tom
Yes, they had quite the rig. Besides the custom paint, he van was modified, similar to wheel chair mods, with a ramp to roll Tom's Harley right in the back.

- Ray
Old 06-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

We are sorry to hear of their passing. Certainly we understand the time management involved with careers and kids. However, many of us ended up with RV's because we realized we were spending too much time with career, and not enough with kids.

Something about removing all of the family members from their routine distractions, seems to foster conversation and interaction. You have a wonderful rig, and a wonderful gift, at least consider that the gift may be more than just an RV.

If you decide to remain in the Newell family, I hope you know we are happy to provide support.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
larryweikart

My fondest memories as a child was the time I spent with my parents( both of whom I lost while in my teens) camping and RVing.Although many memories have faded thru the years, these remain vivid and helped shape my future. We also use our Newell as a guest room for visitors. Don't overlook the possibilities! Very nice looking coach. If you do decide to sell it, I'm sure you'll find interested parties right here. If you decide to keep it, you have found the most helpful RV forum in the industry.The Newell owners on this site and the support staff in Miami Ok. are a true blessing for all owners. Best of luck to you and your family.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
tuga

Ray,

I think I saw that setup at the Newell factory many years ago. I saw this guy loading a Harley Davidson dresser into a mini van! It was really neat. I walked over and started talking to him, but I can't remember where he was from or his name. I wonder if it could have been your father-in-law?

Small world.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
RayLove

That was probably Tom. If he was friendly and glad to share stories about the rig, then definitely it whas him! Tom Miller, from Amador Countly, CA. Though they had lots in Indio and Newport, OR for a while.

Thanks to all for your support here. But the truth of it is, we are just not RVers. So I'll be putting an ad here once I get more pictures and stats on the coach.

- Ray