Do you think Rolls batteries are worth the money? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Barthman

Default Do you think Rolls batteries are worth the money?

If you were to replace your house or engine batteries, would Rolls be a good consideration? I know a lot of folks still have a preference for lead acid batteries over the newer AGM or Gel type.

Looking for some feedback from Rolls owners? Please.

2002 Honda LX Manual Trans
Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar

Interested in Trading Up to a Larger Luxury Coach
Like a Newell, Wanderlodge, Featherlite, Marathon, Millennium, will Consider Others
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
James T

Myself I went with Interstate U2200 6 volt 232 AH for my house side at $134 each and they fit great in my battery tray and make up 1,160 ah.

James

James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 AM   #3
Donnell Cameron

I had set of Rolls 8ds that lasted 8 years, I did not replace them with Rolls because I am putting my Newell in storage for a couple of years while a take a job in Iraq, so there is no point in pissing money away on batteries that will be on the charger full time. Of course when I return and need replacement it will be Rolls again.

Tom
Donnell Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
Doc

I've had Surrette batteries for most of the time I've owned Newells now going on thirty-two years. From what I understand, Rolls are an equivalent to Surrettes. The first set lasted two years because I ruined them. The next set lasted thirteen years. The second set were connected to Pulse-Tech. Now I'm on my third set and because of the price I went with West Marine L16s. Its only been about a year, so probably too early to tell. Still running the new batteries with the Pulse-Tech. I added a new MagnaSine inverter/charger. And, today's charge is showing 12.8 volts at full charge. I don't know how much better the Rolls/Surrette batteries are than the L16s, but I'll let you know in a few years.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #5
Neweller

That is an amazing difference to the amount of life one can get when they take of care of their batteries. I'm way too frugal to buy the Rolls or Surrette's. I'll stick to the Interstate 8D open juicers for now. When I come into some serious coin one of these days, I'll buy a newer Newell and make sure it has something like the Rolls and they will probably be the new AGM's.

Ken W.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:34 AM   #6
The Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
Myself I went with Interstate U2200 6 volt 232 AH for my house side at $134 each and they fit great in my battery tray and make up 1,160 ah.

James

Yes, I too have the U2500 now, and think they are overrated and the Rolls are more conservatively rated.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #7
TechTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthman View Post
If you were to replace your house or engine batteries, would Rolls be a good consideration? I know a lot of folks still have a preference for lead acid batteries over the newer AGM or Gel type.

Looking for some feedback from Rolls owners? Please.

Just for the record, all those brands are Lead-Acid batteries, just constructed differently.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #8
farmell

Rolls and Surrette batteries are reallyexpensive. When I considered them it worked out that even if I got ten or so years out of them, I'd still be out of pocket compared to two sets of Life-line AGM's. That didn't take into consideration the maintenance required for the wet cell batteries and the amount of out-gassing when equalising. Nor did it consider what would happen in an unlikely event of a wet cell battery spilling acid all over the compartment.

Just my thoughts

“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.” – President Gerald Ford
farmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #9
SharkRacing

From my experience, I would stay completely away from Life-Line AGMs! More than any other battery, I've seen many one and two year old Life-Line batteries drop dead! Surrette and Rolls are both one in the same, Rolls is the USA brand, and Surrette is the Canadian brand. They are all made in the same plant in Nova Scotia, Canada

Most of the boys I hang with in the Off Shore crowd don't like em' either!

2005 45' Quad Slide
Featherlite Enclosed

The rest is too long to list.
SharkRacing is offline   Reply With Quote