dash stem lights - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
encantotom

Default dash stem lights

hi all,

i have these stems that stick up from the dash about 1.5" and come on with the dash lights to light the switches. the angled redish orange lights plug into the stem with the stem being a socket.

does anyone know what they are from or where to get new ones?

thanks

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
fulltiming

Tom, I believe those are similar to Whelen Post Lights. They are used in aircraft applications. Take a look at http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo.../postlites.php. I suspect that Chuck at Newell either has them or can come up with a source.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
Wally Arntzen

Tom,

I got some from Newell a couple of years ago.
I have a few with me. If you need one or two I can help you.

Nice seeing you and Darlene today.
Wally
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
express1

post lights at newell $45.00 ea.
last weeks price.
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
encantotom

i am thinking you ought to buy a couple of hundred of them and give them to us as christmas gifts. if not, i will just rebuild or fix what i have when i need to.

45 bucks for a little light is a little stiff for me.

tom

Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 AM   #6
Wally Arntzen

Tom, I always thought of you as a special guy, if you can rebuild bad lights I will look at as a super special guy.

Good luck my friend, I popped for several of them about 3 years ago from Newell.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
Summersgal

Default Dimming the Post Lights

Hello All,

On our 1996 Coach I have a lot of the Post Lights in different locations. The ones located on the dash are all now working and I found the dimmer for those and they function correctly. The post lights installed on the small switch panels on each side of the bed are now all working and they can be dimmed all the way to off. The Post lights located on the instrument panel above the microwave, and the switch panel on the end of the kitchen lower cabinet when you first enter the coach are all now working also. Here comes the "BUT", I can find no dimmer to dim or switch to shut off the post lights located on the last two panels I described. I have not tried to see if these lights go out if the coach is running or if they go out when shore power is removed. I have tunnel vision believing there must be a dimmer switch somewhere. I also found out that out of the 11 post lights that where not working, one had the wire off on the back of the light, the others were just the bulbs. The Grainger part number for the bulb is 1C904.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...04&N=0&sst=All

Do these lights stay on all the time, can they not be dimmed, or am I going to look silly on this one.

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Summersgal

Default Dimming the Post Lights

Hello All,

On our 1996 Coach I have a lot of the Post Lights in different locations. The ones located on the dash are all now working and I found the dimmer for those and they function correctly. The post lights installed on the small switch panels on each side of the bed are now all working and they can be dimmed all the way to off. The Post lights located on the instrument panel above the microwave, and the switch panel on the end of the kitchen lower cabinet when you first enter the coach are all now working also. Here comes the "BUT", I can find no dimmer to dim or switch to shut off the post lights located on the last two panels I described. I have tried to see if these lights go out if the coach is running or if they go out when shore power is removed. I have tunnel vision believing there must be a dimmer switch somewhere. I also found out that out of the 11 post lights that where not working, one had the wire off on the back of the light, the others were just the bulbs. The Grainger part number for the bulb is 1C904.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...04&N=0&sst=All

Do these lights stay on all the time, can they not be dimmed, or am I going to look silly on this one.

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #9
express1

Smile those lights

the ones that you refer to stay on..... I have replace 2 in about 1 year..... I am not sure how long they will last but they do change easy.....
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
jwe648

Default Lights

Tom... Lucky to live AZ ... There are many very large Aircraft Salvage yards here.... they most likley have buckets of Post Lights and other interesting things.. such as light wedges that fit around the instrument..

I'll ask my guys & get you some #'s ........

Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
i am thinking you ought to buy a couple of hundred of them and give them to us as christmas gifts. if not, i will just rebuild or fix what i have when i need to.

45 bucks for a little light is a little stiff for me.

tom
Old 02-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
encantotom

hi jimmy, that would be great. i never thought of that. there some i would like to replace with white rather than red. and add a few more.

tom