Gas couch upgrade (air compresser) - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
Hammer

Default Gas couch upgrade (air compresser)

Few years ago i upgraded My 1972 Gas coach with a pallet jack motor. The air compressor had a starter motor (same type as engine starter) to drive the air compressor well got hot and catch fire. So if anyone would like to know know the information to upgrade just message me. one other thing a added was a temperature switch all for around $150.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2ebb.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	675  

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
fulltiming

Hammer, any pictures. Not sure where the air compressor is located in your coach. On the later model (Series 2000) they are in the front side compartment (some on the passenger side and others on the drivers side). What wattage motor did you install? The Newell's from the early 90's used a Gast air compressor. I have had to replace mine not due to a motor problem but due to the air compressor itself starting to wear to the point that it wouldn't build up adequate pressure.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Hammer

1990 would be OK this compressor is located on drivers side under the water heater, This location will very depending on floor plan. The motor was a 24 volt but only running 12volt. I can fill trailer tire's and the motor only gets warm to the touch.. I believe its for only gas engines that use a starter motor to drive the compressor.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote