2002 Newell for sale - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
qcj

Default 2002 Newell for sale

Moterhomes of Texas has a nice looking 2002 with rear bath for sale. $239,500

qcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Neweller

Here is a direct link for this coach:

2002 Newell Coaches Newell 45 Motorhomes of Texas

Looks like a pretty nice one of course like most Newells. It's a tripple slide with bath and a half.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2002-Newell-Coaches-Newell-45__1_of_45_.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	4155

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
Randy J

That's a cream puff coach!

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
The Newell

Right up my avenue, Now I need to convince my wife that we need a triple slide.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
NEWELLWIZARD

Joseph you and me both buddy.

I really like the interior of this coach it really grabs your attention with the earth tones.
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I like the interior and the extra slide, but I think the price is too high.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #7
Dave-n-Marjorie

Interesting.....too high??? WoW.... I wonder what a triple slide PREVOST would be worth??? not to mention the premium on a bath and a half??? makes no sense when people say priced too high on a coach like this.....Did Prevost even have a triple slide in 2002? doubtful.....prevost triple slide bath and a half?????? haha....nooo way..... you would have better luck finding a purple unicorn.....i did find a 2003 prevost triple slide NON bath and a half for $396k.......

When we make comments like a triple slide bath and a half that has beautiful colors, options galore, and priced too high at $239k.....it needs to be compared side by side with a PREVOST....Comments that devalue Newells on this board in my mind make me question the motives of these comments.....It hurts all of us Newell owners and we need to stop this......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester B. Stone, Jr. View Post
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
folivier

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on. Now that we have our '98 I think the prices are too low....but before we bought I was hoping they would drop further.
Either way I think Newells are a bargain right now, at least some are. And these seem to be the ones that are selling right now. But it's all relative. We had to keep dropping the price on our house in order to sell. So buying our coach at the price we did helped to even that out.
But after owning our previous Newell I didn't even consider buying a Prevost, or other brands. I'm sold on Newells for all of the various reasons.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
speedingsport

Either way I think Newells are a bargain right now.

I couldn't agree more Forest.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
JustDustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester B. Stone, Jr. View Post
Chester I agree with you.

You've got some who pay little and then think their stuff is worth more than it is. Then you have others who over pay and won't sell it for what it's worth because they paid to much. Sometimes you can't win for losing.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
folivier

And ultimately it's only worth what it is to the person willing to spend the money. Just because someone thinks their "whatever" is worth more money the buyer is the one who decides if it is worth it.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
express1

I just believe Extras are just that, Extra. In most cases you pay for Extras...such as slides, electronics, options,and things that just Work!
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Dave, I am surprised you are critical of someone merely expressing an opinion, and I can assure you I have no horse in this race. I have been in the market this last year looking for a similar coach. Based on what I have seen, negotiated and purchased, it think it is fair for me to express an opinion without being put down and accused of unethical motives. I hope the seller gets what he is asking for indeed it is a beautiful coach with many attributes.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #14
Dave-n-Marjorie

Chester I am just confused on all of this Newell pricing being thrown around. Why arent people talking about the ones that sell high? It seems that many on here throw out lowball numbers on Newells only because they want to upgrade or purchase one. That cant be denied. I have been reading the older posts and have found a pattern of people doing it.

No one has addressed my Prevost pricing questions........I find that very interesting.

We must align ourselves with the Prevost market, or are Newells that much inferior of a product? I personally think Newells should be priced above a Prevost, but would settle for equal. Only us (Newell owners) can stabilize this pricing. When consumers see a Newell optioned exactly like a Prevost, but 40% less....many think its an inferior product with lots of issues, and that is simply not the case.
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #15
Jack Fouts

Interesting dialog. Something that has me wondering and maybe this ties into this thread as well and regarding the mere fact of why Newell cut production in half, but still offer for sale about the same number of used coaches as when they were building 48 coaches per year?

When there is a need, lend a helping hand!
Jack Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #16
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Fouts View Post
Interesting dialog. Something that has me wondering and maybe this ties into this thread as well and regarding the mere fact of why Newell cut production in half, but still offer for sale about the same number of used coaches as when they were building 48 coaches per year?
I agree Jack very interesting dialog to say the least. I will mention that what I see is people want to buy low sell high.

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #17
jack14r

I think that most coaches are too cheap,when I see 2008 Prevost below 500K it bothers me,now I know that they are orphan coaches but Liberty 2008 XLII are advertised at 699K,those were 1.4M new.All of us must come to grips that the marker has spoken,since 2007 everything that had value has crashed,there is just less money to purchase not to mention to operate these machines,I think that a politician recently said that he wanted to redistribute wealth,he has done just that.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
SantaFe

Help me understand how you see Newell owners stabilizing the market price on used RV's?
If the coach in question has not sold then you have your answer on if it too high or not...
The dealer doesn't think it is worth more than asking price and that price
has profit, overhead, commission, advertising, and negotiation room all built in that
asking price !!!!
yes it is Overpriced....
SantaFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
jWolfe

That's how the world goes round folks. To each is their own and what one may be willing to pay, another may not. I think we can all agree that we value our coaches and it would be great if the prices stayed up but remember these coaches that you are currently talking about are not 2014 Newell Coaches that are selling for one million plus. There is nothing wrong in saying that a coach is over priced or priced too high. I understand some people want to move up and by doing so you plan on finding a deal, snagging it up and hope to sell for more. But if you found a deal in the first place and you want to keep the prices up, do you really think you'll continue to find a deal at the price you want to pay, when it comes time to buy another coach?

I've read claims that people are saying they have had offers on their coaches for $20,000 or more on what they just paid. If that's the case, why not sell? When a dealer wants to make $100,000 on a coach I think it's fair to say that a coach is over priced. (Not that this is the case on this coach) Just sayin...because I know it happens.

There's more deals to be had when the economy is the way it is and by preying on people who find themselves in desperate money situations. When the economy is doing good you can get the prices you are wanting. In all honesty some people need to come down to reality and realize that just because a brand new model is selling for retail doesn't mean your classic is worth anywhere near the same. A 1989 trying to be sold for $115,000? Give me a break. People who want to buy retail buy new, if you want a deal find one, don't settle for someones over priced motorcoach. Just like when a house in the neighborhood has been on the market too long, everyone has already seen it, no one wants to buy it. And when you've had it for sale for that long... sorry buddy, you're over priced.

I agree extras are extras and EXTRAS are what sell.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
77newell

If we live in a market economy, and if supply and demand is still a market dynamic then the greater the demand the higher the price and vice versa. In the luxury motorhome market Newell is a niche player just based upon the small numbers produced. The variety of perspectives present on this forum is but a small portion of the perspectives present in the overall market of luxury motorhomes. Within our forum there are those that opine Newell prices should be higher and others that they should be lower, that Prevosts versus Newells should be priced up, down or sideways. These are all value judgements appropriate from the perspective of the one opining. And whenever a buying value opinion agrees with a similar selling value opinion a trade takes place. This is the joy and freedom of the market economy; we all get to passionately express our opinions and there are variety of options presented to us from which we freely choose. Thankfully we live in a time and place to experience this. Life is hard, a life of freedom of choice is even harder.

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote