Buying from a 1st owner versus a 2nd owner thoughts? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
86loco

Default Buying from a 1st owner versus a 2nd owner thoughts?

While out looking at many later model Newell's and actually some Prevost custom builds, condition has been averaging out better in favor of a second owner coach. I'm finding more pride in the second owner coach vs the original owner coach. Anyone ever thought about this scenario??????

Old 11-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
stewart33

Never really thought of that, we bought our Newell from the 3rd owner. They retired from traveling and actually cared for the coach really well. They had taken it into the Newell factory in Miami, OK for service in the early years of owning it. As they got older however it sat more and that's when they decided to retire. When we looked around at different coaches, it seemed we saw some that were not well cared for and others were extremely cared for, but nothing really in between?

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
86loco

Stewert, I should have mentioned 3rd or fourth or whatever. What I mean is another owner after the first owner. A lot of times on cars we think about it being a one car owner and seems to make it better. But not always the case on a high end luxury coach.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Neweller

Hopefully I don't sound nuts on this one. Now I’m talking comparing like age and like miles. It appears that many second or third owner coaches get better personal care, since they are out of warranty usually when bought and at a substantial discount, if of course purchased by a caring owner, they get TLC that is bar none the best. I know members on this forum that take so much pride in their coaches; they are as extreme as somebody owning a show car. Whereas some new purchase owners with deep pockets, whom are used to having all repairs done under warranty, tend to be harder on their not-so pride enjoys. To some folks throwing down 2 mil on a coach is like another person throwing down 20 grand on a car. The $20k car could get better care overall. Sometimes age can be deceiving. I know of a couple of Newell's that would be a better buy for the same money as a much newer neglected coach.

Example might be the 1991 coach being sold by JDaniels that ended yesterday on ebay might be a better value then the 1996 just thrown on ebay by a dealer? Without some serious homework and seller credibility, coach history and so forth, one may not know.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
jdaniel

And I've reduced my price . We've found a quad slide we would like to try and move on. Thanks
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
speedingsport

I agree I have seen the same thing over the years with Newell coaches out there that are sold. Because they're built so well they last many many years and over those years there is new ownership and with each new ownership that owner takes pride, time and money to maintain and upgrade that coach to keep it going down the road.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Charlotte Rosita

It's great seeing someone take ownership of a coach that is (new to them) because they are excited and ready to put some money into it if needed. So it's like a breath of fresh air that gets put into the coach and it's ready to serve it's new owner for a good time to come.

Charlotte Rosita is offline   Reply With Quote