2002 Newell 4 Slide in Knoxville - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
folivier

When we found our coach we flew to Florida to see it. It was from a dealer and I had the manager walk around the coach answering my questions. That took about an hour. We flew up and decided to buy it. BUT if we had someone else look at it they would probably have picked up on the damage to the floor in the bathroom and a few other things we missed. I think we would have still bought it but would have probably been able to get the price down enough to cover those repairs. The dealer was considered to be reputable, had changed the floor in the kitchen so they should have seen water damage, so I trusted them when I shouldn't have.
I would be more than happy to check out a coach for someone that is truly interested if it's nearby to where I am. I won't do an "inspection" since I don't feel that I'm qualified to do a complete inspection but feel that I could spot obvious problems.
Another very valuable resource is to get the VIN and call Newell. I did and they had some information and were able to put me in contact with 2 previous owners.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #22
Neweller

Forest your deal is similar to mine. I was burned by a reputable dealer out of Texas. I bought my first Newell off ebay and wish I would have backed out and bought another one instead for three times the price in California, I blew the amount of difference anyway.

The dealer gave me a song and dance over the phone, he asked me during our phone conversations what I thought it was going to bring on the ebay auction and I gave my opinion like an idiot. This dealer ate me up and spit me out.

After doing a little research, I believe it was a shill. To make a long story short, I won the auction, sent my deposit and waited for the call to pick it up. He talked me into waiting on picking it up so they could give it the once over, change the fluids, seal the roof etc. That got strung out for two weeks. He also offered to take a Harley in trade I going to sell anyway, which made it seem like a better deal.

After hauling the Harley down to Texas from California with my cashier’s check in hand, upon arrival I was greeted very graciously and got a tour of the old girl and it was love at first site, in fact after looking prior at so many bus conversions and unfinished projects this classic was so cool and thinking it was a third of the newer one out in Cali.

It was so cool and impressive that I got overtaken by many issues I later had to address during future ownership. They had thrown some boards in the basement from when someone had done the upgrade to the bedroom to only cover the rotten basement floor area. They made the wall damage sound like it was not as big as it was. Anyway you should get the picture.

Hey, they were so nice to take my wife down to JC Penny's to get new bedding, throw in a new water pump. I thought to myself these guys are pretty nice. I just had some good Texas smoke blown up you know where. I don't trust 98% of dealers selling anything that has wheels under it. Even with Carfax, it hasn't changed; they just use that one to their own favor. I have family that has owned over 30 New and used car dealerships and decided a while ago, I wanted no more part of it.

Now a point here even if you can do the work yourself is to inspect, inspect and inspect before making a large purchase. Sometimes we takes gambles knowing we may or may not be getting in over our heads and that may be a different situation, knowing we are getting a killer deal and will have some real work to do. It's ok to save money by doing sweat equity, I've done it on a few properties and vehicles etc., but it is much better knowing that it was your choice in the matter and not because you just got ripped off.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #23
Dave-n-Marjorie

Looks like this coach is back on ebay!!! I wonder how much they spent to get it going, or did they just hide stuff??? I remember this coach and read darstlawfirms write up on page two. I wonder how many people looking at this thing have no clue???
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #24
larryweikart

I bought our coach from Newell and knew I was paying a premium price for the coach when compared to others listed for sale by owner or dealer, but the bumper to bumper warranty was well worth the extra $$$$. Even if you purchase an extended warranty it isn't the same as a bumper to bumper and Newell can fix things that a dealer will have difficulty fixing if they can at all. Of course you have to be in the market for a newer then 10 yr old coach.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote