Newell Rally: The Big Easy Rally, October 8-12, 2012 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Neweller

Cool Newell Rally: The Big Easy Rally, October 8-12, 2012

October Rally in New Orleans
The Big Easy – this is a place where centuries old architecture is the backdrop for a culture so invigorating, it’ll rouse your spirit. We will visit one of the most fun and authentic cities in America, New Orleans.
This will be a guest rally, and we encourage you to invite any of your (non-Newell) motor homing friends to join us. The more the merrier!
Large, new RV resort
We will be located at the Pontchartrain Landing, a large, new facility boasting over 100 full-hookup sites overlooking one of New Orleans’ picturesque canals. We will be centrally located to the many wonderful sites, sounds, and smells of New Orleans, only a 15-minute drive from the French Quarter and Bourbon Street.
The original settlement of New Orleans, called Vieux Carré, French Quarter or simply The Quarter, is the oldest neighborhood in the city. Established by the French in 1718, the location was, and is still, a valuable site for trade due to its strategic position along the Mississippi River. We will have a professional guided tour of the French Quarter, of course.
The district as a whole, bound by Canal Street, Decatur Street, Esplanade Avenue, and Rampart Street, is a National Historic Landmark. The French Quarter boastsa storied history of international influence with cultural contributions from the French, Spanish, Italians, Sicilians, Africans, Irish and others – all evident in the development of this global port settlement.
So much of what makes New Orleans unique is captured in the melting pot atmosphere of the French Quarter – from the raucous party atmosphere of Bourbon Street to the bohemian elegance of Royal. It’s a neighborhood full of surprises and magic.
Big Easy cuisine!
George Bernard Shaw once said, “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” Whether or not you agree with Mr. Shaw, it is an indisputable fact that no place loves its food as sincerely – or as indulgently – as New Orleans. Some people eat to live, but New Orleanians live to eat. As a result, the city offers one of the most incredible – and incredibly diverse – concentrations of exceptional dining and unforgettable cuisine in the world. So we have included some very exceptional culinary experiences in our rally agenda, including dinner at Arnaud’s, brunch at Brennan’s (!), dinner at Emeril’s, and our finale dinner at The Commander’s Palace. For more delectable details on each of these exceptional establishments, information is seconds away on Google.
And more…
We have additional tours and shopping opportunities on the agenda, with the option of taking some free time to relax and digest if you prefer.
As is often the case, we need some lead time to finalize our various arrangements. The deadline for registration is September 17, 2012.
To register, please call Cindy Woods at 918-542-3344.
GPS Driving Instructions
Pontchartrain Landing, 6001 France Road, New Orleans, LA 70126
GPS Coordinates – 30 1.485N 90 2.120 W

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Stylin Monster

I plan on attending. This will be another awesome time doing it up Newell Style!

Big rigs a rollin' Hot Damn!
Stylin Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
folivier

So did anybody attend the New Orleans rally?
Can't believe I forgot about it. I had thought about driving up for the day since my coach is in Arizona.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Neweller

I'm with you on this one Forest, I too would have like to had gone to it and was wondering who might have attended. I'm sure it was a blast for those in attendance. I'm supposed to be out of the country right now and that has been put on temporary hold for now.

After thinking about it again, the list of food options sounded pretty darn good. I start thinking about one of those great Cajun crab and shrimp feasts! um..ummm...
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote