Leveling system air leak!! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
Nasser

Default Leveling system air leak!!

Since I bought the coach (one month ago), I could not use the tag axle for sharp turning, I push the (air dump) no action! When I stop the coach and try to level; it would at a limited movement because the tag axle pushes against the ground (even with the "tag" toggle switched on". Also when I got out of the coach I hear a very clear loud air leak front and at the back of the coach (engine compartment). Is there is any major chick I should do before taking it to the dealer?

Nasser

Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Bikestuff

Hi Nasser,

One of the more experienced guys may jump in here with a different answer but you may not have a problem. My coach often makes that "air leak" noise. It is probably the coach leveling valves doing what they do.

As far as the tag axle...I think the consensus is that it is not necessary for you to use the dump switch to turn the coach. The wranglers at the factory never use the switch as they move my 2003 around in tight quarters. On top of that, the action of the switch takes a really long time to do anything. I am talking minutes. So, in my year of driving the coach (12,000 miles), I have never needed to use the tag switch.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
bill

Coach #653 2003 powered by C12 Cat, BMW R1100GS, FJ Cruiser
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Wally Arntzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikestuff View Post
Hi Nasser,

One of the more experienced guys may jump in here with a different answer but you may not have a problem. My coach often makes that "air leak" noise. It is probably the coach leveling valves doing what they do.

As far as the tag axle...I think the consensus is that it is not necessary for you to use the dump switch to turn the coach. The wranglers at the factory never use the switch as they move my 2003 around in tight quarters. On top of that, the action of the switch takes a really long time to do anything. I am talking minutes. So, in my year of driving the coach (12,000 miles), I have never needed to use the tag switch.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
bill
I have an 88 and yours looks very similar to mine. On our coaches there is a lateral shock that's above the tag axel and on mine the shock was bad and we replaced it. My bus mechanic informed me that gets worn out by excessive backing of the coach when turning it around and it causes the shock to wear out. I kept my coach in a building and every time I took it out I had a short area for turning around and had to back and go forward several times to get turned around. Now when turning around I drop the air in the tag and it turns in a much shorter distance and there is no wear on the shock. The air in my tag drops very quickley ands recovers fast once I put back into the normal tag position. I don't hear the air noise your talking about and I'm surprised that can hear in the front of the coach when the coach is running. You may have other problems with tag system that is conflicting with normal operation of the air valves.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Nasser

Yesterday night (Abu Dhabi time), the mechanic came to my house and looked for long under the front of the coach and he inform me that one of the 2 airbags (passenger side) is leaking air and need to be changed! and when he looked for the other leak (engine compartment passenger side) he inform me that is the air regulator drooping excess air.. but was not 100% sure, because I told him that the back of the coach also drop down and wont hold any air to left the coach up while leveling.
Nasser is offline   Reply With Quote