Glad I found this site! Greetings from S. CA! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
MarkofSJC

Default Glad I found this site! Greetings from S. CA!

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this site!

We live in South Orange County and are looking for our (used) dream coach. After doing tons of research on Country Coach and getting very close on a couple of Magna Rembrants (2006 ~ 2007), but kept running into issues.

Walked into a 2008 Newell and . We really want big windows to see the view, and the one we saw were spectacularly big. The bath and 1/2 is functional without gobbling too much space. We're tall, so a king size bed is a must, but love the "elevated" section that allows you to get around it, even with the slides in. The interior was just jaw dropping ~ beautiful, but still very comfortable (and not the blah beige everything we kept seeing on other coaches)

We have two teen age kids, and I want to show them all the beauty of the U.S. that I got to enjoy as a kid (in the far back of a station wagon - no seat belts/the horrors!). But this coach has to be as enjoyable on the road as it is in a "camp site." We also plan on having it for 10 years, so good engineering is very important (and I've been very impressed so far).

The plan it to use this all four seasons, so insulation is critical (Tucson summers to Sierra Nevada Mtn winters), but we also aren't heavy "A/C" users -- if it's nice out, we much prefer to have natural ventillation and "smell the pines." I figure we'll have 3 ~ 5 years of traveling part time/vacations with the family...and then my wife and I may eventually become almost full-timers sometime after that.

One thing I've been sort of stuck on is having the galley on the driver's side with dinette on curb side, as the view is typically on the curb side. The particular coach I've been looking at is flipped, which is a bummer as our experience the "view" is curbside and most kitchens have small windows (better to view the rig next to you if on driver's side!). I would be curious if that's really beneficial "in real life" as we're brand new to the RV side.

I would love comments from those of you with and without TV's on a lift. It struck me as a perfect solution ~ enjoy the view, but when you don't want to, raise the TV. But I heard it's not a good idea to use while on the road...which would be a challenge. Is a fixed position TV better than one on a lift?

Lastly, would love to hear from those of you with the "new" flushmounted windows that have openings (as opposed to being completely sealed), do you get some nice cross ventilation or mainly have to rely on HVAC?

We look forward to any and all responses!

Cheers,

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote