New-ell-ish looker - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Luxury Coach Community > Introduce Yourself - Welcome Wagon
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
pairodice

Default New-ell-ish looker

Hi all! We are previous Foretravel owners and are looking at a couple older Newells to buy. I have always liked the Newells, they seem to be the next logical step up from Fiberglass sides...
Looking to get some advice on a couple of coaches we are looking at.
I found a 1974 Newell 40' with a Cat 3208 NA and an Allison 6-speed auto Tranny - does that sound right? The genset is supposed to be gas so the coach has two fuel tanks: 100 gal gas and 100 gal Diesel. I truly hope the owner is not correct in those measurements... I would like to have 300 gal diesel and no gas... What would it cost to switch out the genset to a diesel and then combine all the tanks together? Lots of questions here... please help! Thanks! Adrian
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote